Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Strange device on fuel line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what this is for, I am not sure if it is the feed or return on a 1.6hdi. Its got me puzzled.
May be its to make the diesel go further, about 80 inches further

[Image: in8jmx.jpg]
How odd, I've never seen one of those before. My guess is that it's for cooling the fuel. And if so it may well be on the return side as I presume pressurising the fuel will heat it.
It is a cooler. Have a look here. It is part no. 10.
(27-07-2012, 12:02 PM)crickleymal Wrote: [ -> ]How odd, I've never seen one of those before. My guess is that it's for cooling the fuel. And if so it may well be on the return side as I presume pressurising the fuel will heat it.
Yes, my thoughts were it looked like something off a fridge, presumably the fuel must be spending enough time at the engine to become warm, I wonder if all common rail diesels have them. I have never seen one before.

I was actually looking to see if I could find the dpf fuel additive reservoir. It's certainly well hidden, tucked up behind the fuel filler pipe, I guess the plastic inner wheel arch must be removed to access it / fill it up.

And here (i think) is the additive tank, situated just in front of the drivers side rear wheel arch and below the filler cap. I believe the additive tank is what the corrugated style pipe leads to, I guess the green wire goes to the sensor level.
[Image: 24ymxzs.jpg]
Fuel cooling plate, as its name suggests to cool the fuel. Most commonly found on large trucks and heavy goods type vehicles...