Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Changing Spare Wheel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have just had to put my spare wheel on, on my 58 XTR and it was chucking it down. Problem is that it has a tow bar fitted and was a pig to get the securing strap unhitched from the carrier. When I replaced the spare in the carrier I found it very difficult to lift the rack into place and locate the securing strap. I found that putting the jack under the carrier and winding it up made so much difference. Also it is worth, if you have a spare minute or two, to undo the securing strap and grease the thread as mine had started to seize. You never know when you may have to fit your spare, wind, rain, snow!!!
Or remove it altogether!
(If you have space in the back?)
Mine lives in the shed.
(The carrier; not the spare...)
If your car is made with a spare wheel it should be serviceable, the breakdown services do not like to respond to punctures if a serviceable wheel is not present (when it should be)

Peter
I had a Bosal towbar on my MK2- it was a massive chunky lump of a thing but it didn't impede the spare.
Same story with the Witter Ive had on the last two Mk3's
What's going on under there BP ???
Took my carrier off before I fitted towbar, so not sure if mine impeeds removal or not?
Don't think it would? Confusedcratch: