Berlingo Forum

Full Version: What do you think of these?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: th_Foxalloys.jpg]

I've got the chance of these. They are Fox but the gentleman that is selling them can't tell me the tyre size. He says that he was told by a local tyre shop they are both van and car rated, but doesn't now the name of the wheel for me to check.

Do you think they would be OK on my MK2?
If they are for a van the load rating needs to be 88 or 90.
If they are not it could fail the MOT and your insurance could be invalid.
The important bits (apart from the actual tyre size) are the PCD and offset.
If any of those are wrong, they won't fit.
For the tyre size, load and speed rating there should be a sticker inside the drivers door (hinge end). :thumbsup:
(07-11-2012, 10:15 PM)j90xxx Wrote: [ -> ]If they are for a van the load rating needs to be 88 or 90.
If they are not it could fail the MOT and your insurance could be invalid.
The important bits (apart from the actual tyre size) are the PCD and offset.
If any of those are wrong, they won't fit.
For the tyre size, load and speed rating there should be a sticker inside the drivers door (hinge end). :thumbsup:

Cheers Martin.
The seller had them fitted to a Renault Kangoo without the need for any adjustment spacers, etc. He is adamant that they will fit to my Berlingo no problem.
I think they are Fox Evo2 17" wheels. The tyre size has now been confirmed as 205/40R17 80H.
Do you know how i find out the load rating mate?
Inside drivers door, or in the owners manual. Confusedtudy:
If it's a van, it's definately 88 or 90.:thumbsup:
(07-11-2012, 10:23 PM)j90xxx Wrote: [ -> ]Inside drivers door, or in the owners manual. Confusedtudy:

What about the load rating of the wheel?
Wheels dont have load ratings as such. The 80 in your tyre size given above is the load rating, with the H being the speed rating.
(07-11-2012, 10:24 PM)Merlecollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2012, 10:23 PM)j90xxx Wrote: [ -> ]Inside drivers door, or in the owners manual. Confusedtudy:

What about the load rating of the wheel?

I'm really confused now...
So '80H' are no good for vans then??
And how do I read about van rated wheels if wheels don't have a rating?
Help...LOL
It's nothing to do with load rating. It has more to do with the wheels offset.
I have never heard of any member here fitting or trying to fit wheels from a Kangoo.
Go to a alloy wheel site and compare the two vehicles wheel geometry.
The tyres themselves may well prove to be unsuitable for a van BUT all that is insignificant if
the wheels don't correctly fit your van.
Think the PCD is different on Renualts too? You'll need a 4x108 PCD with a offset of 15-20 IIRC
What a Rigmarole! Just leave the steel ones on and buy some wheel trims if you must. Alloy wheels are weak and are nothing but trouble, especially ones that arn't OEM.
Pages: 1 2 3 4