Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Intermitant misfire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,
First i have to say, what a great resource this forum is. My 2008 1.6HDi has developed an intermitant misfire. It started one week ago while on a 3/4 hour run. Five miles into the trip i noticed the engine gently missing a few beats. This was at 50-60 mph. After a few miles it stopped missing and ran fine. Later half way back on the return the missing came back but worse until whenever i had to slow down or stop at a junction i had to keep up the revs in order to keep the engine from cutting out. Since then the car drives fine but every now and then at low revs will suddenly start missing and cut out. It almost every time starts at once afterwards. There are no warning lights come on. Before i hand over my cash to the local garage, has anyone any ideas as to what could be the problem.
Hi, how old is the fuel filter? Try changing this first. :thumbsup:
(11-11-2012, 05:12 PM)Rustscrat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, how old is the fuel filter? Try changing this first. :thumbsup:
Hi Rustscrat.
Searching through other posts i also thought this was worth a try. I know its not been changed for at least 30000kms (18000+miles). Am i right in thinking its not a canister type and the whole housing has to be replaced. Also is it possible to drain any water out of the filter.
It does look like it is sealed, but I'm no expert on these engines.
I'm sure someone will be along who can help. :thumbsup:
The filter is a self contained unit,filter & container in one.I change mine at 20,000m 'cos I'm a coward.
Hi Ron,
As you say self contained unit. Was very easy to change but no joy. Same as before, starts and runs great but ocationaly cuts out at junctions or when going slow. Went to the local dealership/garage to have it checked with their diagnostic kit. I was told no codes came up. They say they are 99.9% sure the wiring harness has been damaged by battery spillage. Does this sound plausable. A new one will cost over 1,000 pounds!!. If it was something to do with the wiring would it not happen at all speeds. It seems that if the revs suddenly drop below 800 it misses a few times and then stalls. I have just thought it happens when i put my foot on the clutch to brake.
Have you checked the wiring near the battery in case their theory is correct?
Got to be worth a shot. If they're right it should be relatively easy to splice in some wire to replace the damaged portions. If you were a little closer :lol: I'd offer to help.
Don't get to Isreal much. Confusedillyme:
Aren't people shooting eachother at the moment?
If so, fuel filter is least of your worries!
(With respect.)
Went there once and felt safer than most places in the U.K. (except one encounter with a member of the I.D.F. but that was a misunderstanding) would be happy to come and help you check Confusedalut:
Pages: 1 2