Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Machine polish.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As my van was ex Scottish Water and the paintwork I rather dull, as well as being able to see where the SW livery has been, I decided to pay my local Detailer a visit yesterday.

http://www.orkneypd.co.uk/

I was rather embarrassed to be pulling my '53 plate Lingo into a forecourt which bestowed a brand new Audi A5 and a Focus RS, especially when he went on to tell me about travelling to London to do a car belonging to an Olympic Gold Medallist.... but nevertheless Ross had a good look and has booked me in next week to do a sample to one of the body panels to see what it turns out like :thumbsup:

Has anyone else ever had this done to their Lingo and if so what was the results like?
I've machine polished every car I've owned in the last 6 years, the results are night and day.

Having said that, if your van is white, they never look 'that' shiny even when polished, as white doesn't really reflect light all that well.
(11-11-2012, 09:13 PM)LowLingo Wrote: [ -> ]I've machine polished every car I've owned in the last 6 years, the results are night and day.

Having said that, if your van is white, they never look 'that' shiny even when polished, as white doesn't really reflect light all that well.

You just done them yourself?
(11-11-2012, 10:09 PM)Merlecollins Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2012, 09:13 PM)LowLingo Wrote: [ -> ]I've machine polished every car I've owned in the last 6 years, the results are night and day.

You just done them yourself?

Yes, I'm an amateur detailer.
I've got a dual action polisher and various polishes and pads.

As said, the difference is like night and day.

When I got my white van you could always see where the sign writing had been, tried by hand, with a halfords special polishing machine (chortles) but you could always see it. A good going over with the DA and it was gone.

The front wings looked like they had been resprayed (badly) but once polished they matched the rest of the van.
(12-11-2012, 08:43 AM)steve valentine Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a dual action polisher and various polishes and pads.

As said, the difference is like night and day.

When I got my white van you could always see where the sign writing had been, tried by hand, with a halfords special polishing machine (chortles) but you could always see it. A good going over with the DA and it was gone.

The front wings looked like they had been resprayed (badly) but once polished they matched the rest of the van.

Sounds great Steve:thumbsup:

I would love to have a go myself, but would be terrified to make a mess of it:S

The lad I went to see really knows his stuff. Not cheap, but hope the end results warrant itWink
Would be interested in seeing some before and after pictures Smile
(12-11-2012, 01:06 PM)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Would be interested in seeing some before and after pictures Smile

I'm picking up my Feuxlingo this weekend [cough]Pug Partner[/cough] which is in desperate need of a detail both inside and out. I'll be starting a thread on it and will include 'before and after' of the task ahead.
(12-11-2012, 02:24 PM)LowLingo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm picking up my Feuxlingo this weekend [cough]Pug Partner[/cough] which is in desperate need of a detail both inside and out. I'll be starting a thread on it and will include 'before and after' of the task ahead.

Interested to view photos and to find out what products you use and applications.

Mine needs something to clean cloth upholstery.
I detailed my silver berlingo after purchase and came up a treat but I am a professional, so vehicle is key. :-)