Berlingo Forum

Full Version: door locks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2002 1.9d multispace.
got no buttons on the key. key and central locking work on both front doors., all doors open and lock.

rear door unlocks on the key, as the tailgate is lifted past horizontal the central locking kicks in and unlocks the other front doors...is this how its supposed to work?? shutting rear door and locking with key leaves the other doors unlocked.
(08-12-2012, 08:34 AM)ricc Wrote: [ -> ]2002 1.9d multispace.
got no buttons on the key. key and central locking work on both front doors., all doors open and lock.

rear door unlocks on the key, as the tailgate is lifted past horizontal the central locking kicks in and unlocks the other front doors...is this how its supposed to work?? shutting rear door and locking with key leaves the other doors unlocked.

I had to try this as I usually use the remote.
Open tailgate with key & lift,all other doors remain locked.
unlock drivers door-all unlocked.Lock & all lock.
Unlock F pass door & open-all unlock.Lock F pass door & only that door locks(ie have to lock dvrs door to lock all doors.
Wierd or what,must be to do with L/H/D origins.
(08-12-2012, 08:03 PM)ron Wrote: [ -> ]I had to try this as I usually use the remote.
Open tailgate with key & lift,all other doors remain locked.
unlock drivers door-all unlocked.Lock & all lock.
Unlock F pass door & open-all unlock.Lock F pass door & only that door locks(ie have to lock dvrs door to lock all doors.
Wierd or what,must be to do with L/H/D origins.

It threw me as well when I first found out but that's the way they are built....:censored::censored::censored:
(08-12-2012, 08:34 AM)ricc Wrote: [ -> ]2002 1.9d multispace.

my 2000 1.9 d always did it from new (ex dealer demo) so I assumed "they all do that sir"
It works the same on my 2003