Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Hello! £311 bargain 2.0 hdi owner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! Comrades!

I am the proud owner of a 2003 blue 2.0 HDI berlingo panel van!

I read some sound advice on these forums and was ready to take a punt!

I bought at auction for £311 with an unrecorded light front end smash and 79,000 on the clock.

Interior was filthy, but a quick clean and all was well, back of the van is almost mint inside.

I love this van as much as any of my other vehicles regardless of initial cost! The mpg is good 45 on a run, very nippy at the lights and on a run too. It has been 100% reliable in the last 2.5k of driving. I ran out of fuel and had an air lock in the line over xmas but after a top up and a few minutes cranking, all was well!

Never owned my own van before, always hired them. I learnt from my errors now, van gets some serious respect from other road users, nice non pretentious nippy economical transport.

Feedback welcome, here are some pics:

Condition on purchase

[Image: IMG_20130127_223751_zpse0567fca.jpg]

After some fixing of headlights, straightning of bonnet, catch, wing and snow

[Image: IMG_20130127_230001_zps921b919d.jpg]

Changing bent wheel and fixing puncture on already fitted newish michelin

[Image: 20121222_160231_zps60092abb.jpg]

Looks presentable from the front
Now
[Image: IMG_20130127_222438_zps4b171732.jpg]

I look forward to gaining more usefull knowledge from these forums!

Regards

Egon
Cheers for the intro Egon, got a nice engine in there Wink. Look forward to more updates.
(27-01-2013, 11:36 PM)Andre Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for the intro Egon, got a nice engine in there Wink. Look forward to more updates.

Nice 1 Andre. I've decided to chance it on the cambelt and water pump replacement. Its on 81.5k now, servicebook says between 80 & 100k but I'll probably get scared north of 90k and get it done.

I've got a front mount intercooler laying about and a tuning box is only an auction away, if things continue to go well I may get these fitted along with a new clutch at cambelt time.Big Grin

Edit... Forgot to mention it has a siemens ecu so tuning might not be so easy, but I understand other members have had success with their siemens ecu tuning antics!
Forget the clutch! Mine is on original at 140k(ish)

2.0hdi can certainly upset the boy racers in their corsa's!
(28-01-2013, 08:20 AM)steve valentine Wrote: [ -> ]Forget the clutch! Mine is on original at 140k(ish)

2.0hdi can certainly upset the boy racers in their corsa's!

Steve, what sort of tuning have you done? Do you know the current output vs standard?
No tuning, none needed, it goes like stink and does 45mpg. Smile
Not had mine on any rolling road, but it feels like I've gone from 90bhp to 125/130 or so.

Place I had mine done was in Devon, so a bit of a trek for you but there will be other places by now that have caught on
(28-01-2013, 09:12 AM)Coco Wrote: [ -> ]Not had mine on any rolling road, but it feels like I've gone from 90bhp to 125/130 or so.

Place I had mine done was in Devon, so a bit of a trek for you but there will be other places by now that have caught on

Nice, is that with a tuning box, or intecooler &remap ? I go to devon sometimes for my sinsSmile
Some of the older models are 110bhp, when I do a mycarcheck on mine is comes up at 110.

I'm not 100% convinced but the van is pretty quick compared to other turbo diesel vans I've had.
In earlier years I used to always run damage repaired motors I picked up at salvage and repaired myself. It was a good way to get a newish motor cheap. I still do a bit of welding and spraying occasionally but it's more when I desperately need it now rather than when I feel like it. Good find getting an unrecorded hit like that with an easy fix, should keep you on the road for a good while.
Pages: 1 2