Berlingo Forum

Full Version: immobiliser chip/lexia 3 question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm considering getting a lexia 3 from aliexpress (roughly £50) and while I would like some info on whether they (presumably they're chinese copies) work reliably or not, I have a main question about the immobiliser chip in the key.

Can you have two keys with different chips set to disable the immobiliser or would both keys have to have the same chip?

I've read around a bit and all I can work out is that you can set which chip using a lexia (is this correct?) but no info on whether or not the ecu/bsi/com2000/whatever supports multiple chips like it does multiple key fobs.
My "Chinese Lexia" works fine, although it was a bit of a fuss to get it installed initially.

Not too sure what you mean with the chip/key question. The large plastic part of the key (is this what you refer to as the fob) holds the transpnder chip, so yes, you can have two. Both keys/chips would have to be coded to the car BSI. I think that this can be done via Lexia, but I haven't ried it and can't point you toward it
There are a lot of reported problems with aliexpress. First: No workable guarantee (unless you pay all
postage to and from China!). Deliveries not arriving and no refund given.(Not their fault if parcel gets stolen!)
Just too much hassle. There are a few eBay sellers who are really good. They will help you with set up and other
problems over the phone and for an extra £40 or so why take the chance of ending up with something that may not do
what you want.

This guy is the best of the best: He knows what he is talking about and provides excellent after-sales service. No brainer.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXIA-3-CITROE...337f998b0e

Key chips are all the same on any given model, just programmed differently.
In theory you can program an unlimited number of keys to any one vehicle.
Hi, if it's the chip inside the key fob then I think that these don't have to be the same as you programme the Bsi to your keys.
Also I'll second what OJ said about the ebay link. :thumbsup:
Thanks Coco and Ol'Jeffers.

I've had a bit more of a look around and it seems there might be an issue with using the lexia to set the immobiliser chip (might need a pin number I don't have) so I'll check with that UK seller first. I'll post back here if/when I get it all done
(01-02-2013, 05:44 PM)Tx1491 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Coco and Ol'Jeffers.

I've had a bit more of a look around and it seems there might be an issue with using the lexia to set the immobiliser chip (might need a pin number I don't have) so I'll check with that UK seller first. I'll post back here if/when I get it all done

You can obtain Your pin No. from, citroen dealer or peugeot forum for a small fee.Confusedalut:
Oh, that's good to know. Thanks. I'll give citroen a call