Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Sliding Door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks, does anyone know if the cable that unlatches the door when it is in the open position can be adjusted. Over the last few weeks I have been having a bit bother when trying to close the door, I have to push the door very slightly towards the rear in order to unlatch it. Might be the latch that is worn but my thoughts go with the cable. Van has only covered a genuine 18,000miles so wouldn't have thought it would be worn. Any help or advice will be gratefully received. Thanks for taking the time to read,

Dave.
(03-02-2013, 06:16 PM)tanto Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks, does anyone know if the cable that unlatches the door when it is in the open position can be adjusted. Over the last few weeks I have been having a bit bother when trying to close the door, I have to push the door very slightly towards the rear in order to unlatch it. Might be the latch that is worn but my thoughts go with the cable. Van has only covered a genuine 18,000miles so wouldn't have thought it would be worn. Any help or advice will be gratefully received. Thanks for taking the time to read,

Dave.
Try a littel Oil or grees on the latch it fixed mine.
(03-02-2013, 10:22 PM)RolyG Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 06:16 PM)tanto Wrote: [ -> ]Hi folks, does anyone know if the cable that unlatches the door when it is in the open position can be adjusted. Over the last few weeks I have been having a bit bother when trying to close the door, I have to push the door very slightly towards the rear in order to unlatch it. Might be the latch that is worn but my thoughts go with the cable. Van has only covered a genuine 18,000miles so wouldn't have thought it would be worn. Any help or advice will be gratefully received. Thanks for taking the time to read,

Dave.
Try a littel Oil or grees on the latch it fixed mine.

tried that yesterday, didn't make any difference. Will maybe give it a good clean and lube later this week before trying anything else. Just feels as if the cable could do with tightening slightly.
Well I thought someone here would know the answer to my simple query but apparently not. Ok I suppose I will have to just jumpin at the deep end and start stripping the door at the weekend and see what I find. Thanks anyway for looking.

Dave
(05-02-2013, 08:21 PM)tanto Wrote: [ -> ]Well I thought someone here would know the answer to my simple query but apparently not. Ok I suppose I will have to just jumpin at the deep end and start stripping the door at the weekend and see what I find. Thanks anyway for looking.

Dave
Hi Dave, take a look at my How To thingy on repairing the pin in the sliding door. From memory there are two cables controlled by the outer handle. One can be adjusted. When I put handle back it wouldn't open (or close I can't remember!), so adjusted the cable.
http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=4650
(05-02-2013, 08:32 PM)Modmytop Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2013, 08:21 PM)tanto Wrote: [ -> ]Well I thought someone here would know the answer to my simple query but apparently not. Ok I suppose I will have to just jumpin at the deep end and start stripping the door at the weekend and see what I find. Thanks anyway for looking.

Dave
Hi Dave, take a look at my How To thingy on repairing the pin in the sliding door. From memory there are two cables controlled by the outer handle. One can be adjusted. When I put handle back it wouldn't open (or close I can't remember!), so adjusted the cable.

Hi Modmytop, thanks for the reply and your "how to". I will have a look at the weekend and see what is required. Dont fancy taking the door off but if push comes to shove then hey-ho, thats what I'll have to do.
Thanks again ,
Dave.
(05-02-2013, 09:55 PM)tanto Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2013, 08:32 PM)Modmytop Wrote: [ -> ]

Dave

Hi Modmytop, thanks for the reply and your "how to". I will have a look at the weekend and see what is required. Dont fancy taking the door off but if push comes to shove then hey-ho, thats what I'll have to do.
Thanks again ,
Dave.
You should be able to get at the cables without taking door off. When I fixed my floppy door handle (a Berlingo problem) I followed the Haynes Manuel. If you can get the plastic bolts (?) off then yes you will not have to take door off.