Berlingo Forum

Full Version: mini camper conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes another question...i appologise
i was looking into using my combi as a mini camper..
So i watched a couple of youtube vids for some ideas and noticed that the seats on the vehicles already converted tilted quite far foreward?? Where as mine only go as far as just past upright if you get what i mean..
The vehicle on youtube was a blingo and i have a partner...
Anyone know what the diff is with the seats???
Cheers
They are the same - except the Peugeot ones have better patterns.....

The seat backs fold down onto the seat base, then lift the rear of the seat base to tilt the whole assembly forward against the front seats. If the front seats are right back they might not fold properly so move them forward
sorry for any confusion...it was the front seats ii was talking about (passenger and driver)
they dont tilt very much at all
not tried with the berlingo , but the discovery that the berlingo replaced was about the same size internally. in the disco i folded the rear seat back down then built a wooden frame from the back door over the folded seat backs to the rear of the front seats with a loose sheet of plywood on top. the frame had 4 legs to the boot floor and 2 to the rear seat footwell immediatly behind the front seats. once parked up moving the front seats right forward and inclining the seat backs as far forward as possible gave just on 6 foot of usable bed space. the loose ply sheet could then be pushed forward to touch the front seat backs and another small piece laid on the frame at the rear end....that gave a flat 6foot long (near enough) double bed.

im not going to repeat the exercise with the berlingo cos ive also aquired a lwb transit van for work that will have summit done to provide bed and cooking space....theres 10 foot length to play with. rearly 6 foot width and being a semi high top enough headroom to make things more civilised.