Berlingo Forum

Full Version: berlingo starting dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i am John and i have a Berlingo van year 1999 with a 1.9 litre WJZ engine the van with well for 4 years then yesterday it would not start
i have check over engine heaters, fuel to pump and all the things you would say standard faults. on cranking over no fuel to injectors os i guess its a immobiliser fault, my van has a transponder key no button on key i have only i key and no code number.

So can i test my key to check if working also can i wire in new live to injector stop switch, the injector pump is not controlled by a ecu on this model only the engine stop and advance correction solenoid also where can i can a wiring sheet forthis van.. help
Are you sure the cambelt is OK? That's the first item to check.
(06-03-2013, 12:17 PM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure the cambelt is OK? That's the first item to check.

Hi thanks for input i changed timing belt two years ago but will check
again the engine turned over sounded right. john

Hi addo,
I have rechecked cam belt and all looks ok i have four compressions on turnover of engine i could remove covers hmm
(06-03-2013, 11:31 AM)johnny Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i am John and i have a Berlingo van year 1999 with a 1.9 litre WJZ engine the van with well for 4 years then yesterday it would not start
i have check over engine heaters, fuel to pump and all the things you would say standard faults. on cranking over no fuel to injectors os i guess its a immobiliser fault, my van has a transponder key no button on key i have only i key and no code number.

So can i test my key to check if working also can i wire in new live to injector stop switch, the injector pump is not controlled by a ecu on this model only the engine stop and advance correction solenoid also where can i can a wiring sheet forthis van.. help

Checked the glow plugs already?