Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Location of brake light switch on Mk3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2012 Mk 3 Berlingo van.
I am unable to locate the brake light switch. I am trying to verify if it's a 2 wire or 4 wire switch.
Checked above the pedals and could only find the clutch switch.
The brake pedal is connected to a rod which runs to the passenger side.
I am assuming that this rod operates the brakes on the near side.
I cannot confirm this as under the passenger glove box is a plastic cover, that I cannot see how to remove.
Can somebody please advise where the brake light switch is to save me time in locating it.
Thanks
Yes, many PSA cars have a transverse brake actuator as you've discovered. If you can't see any Torx screws or quarter turn fasteners, it's safe to assume the cover panel is simply clipped home; try prising the front edge downwards carefully mid-length.

The brake switch is best accessed by putting your pasenger seat right back, then laying on your back across the sill, with head under the glovebox. Always good fun!
Many thanks.
I have now removed the cover and exposed the brake light switch.
Once exposed it's in your face, but removing the covers, given that you have to have the agility of a goat is difficult.
I am loading a how to do it guide.
Cheers
Bob

(24-03-2013, 01:57 AM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, many PSA cars have a transverse brake actuator as you've discovered. If you can't see any Torx screws or quarter turn fasteners, it's safe to assume the cover panel is simply clipped home; try prising the front edge downwards carefully mid-length.

The brake switch is best accessed by putting your pasenger seat right back, then laying on your back across the sill, with head under the glovebox. Always good fun!