Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 1.6 Hdi engines from other models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

Bit of a newbie when it comes to Berlingo's so you will have to bare with me!

I recently purchased a non runner 2006 1.6 HDI Berlingo van which essentially needs a new lump. I was wondering whether the 1.6 Hdi engine from a Peugeot partner or any other associated models would fit?

My engine code is 9hw? I've seen other engines with different engine codes. Again, does this matter?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Quite a few people have taken the bull by the horns and fitted a significantly different motor but not many claim to have swapped in a 'near match'
A same-age Partner would be a safe bet but Im not sure about anything else- the mount points will be almost certainly be the same but there are definatly deeper differences some of which you might not be able to work around easily
I looked in the service manual and it lists different citroen models -all with the 1.6 hdi - but with different service /oil change intervals...

I fear you might end up with an 'unfinished project' to sell if you
I have fitted a 1.6 Diesel Ford Focus engine into a 1.6 Picasso, it was basically the same, apart from the mounts obviously, worst thing was the fuel lines, had to mod a few, in fact I think I fitted the old fuel pump, as the plumbing was hard work.
(26-03-2013, 09:18 PM)Lighty Wrote: [ -> ]I have fitted a 1.6 Diesel Ford Focus engine into a 1.6 Picasso, it was basically the same, apart from the mounts obviously, worst thing was the fuel lines, had to mod a few, in fact I think I fitted the old fuel pump, as the plumbing was hard work.

Where there's will & skill,there's a way.
There are no problems,just challenges.(If you believe that you're as daft as me).:thumbsup: