Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Reversing sensors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had no reversing sensors on my Berlingo camper.
It has a canbus and I thought it would be difficult judging by articles on the internet.
Wrong....
The after market kits are very simple to fit (this is based on a Dolphin kit).
A control box is installed in the rear of the vehicle - screw or super sticky adhesive pad).
A pre-wired buzzer is fitted in the rear of the vehicle (mine was very loud so in a car I would fit in behind a panel using either screws or the supplied adhesive pad). You can also have a display but I cannot see the point.
The 4 sensors come with a hole drill.
Finally a lead with two wires. One of these wires connects to the cable feeding the reversing lights and the other is wired to body (earth).
All these wires connect to the control box via plug in connectors.
The back of the camper is not straight and there is a 4 inch difference between the inner two and the outer two. This makes no difference and they work a treat.
As they are wired to the wire feeding the actual reversing light itself they are not connected to the canbus.

Problem solved
And the Dolphin ones are very reliable, and look good esp. if bought colour-coded.