Berlingo Forum

Full Version: glow plugs DIY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, im new here. just wondering if theres a DIY section for checking / changing my glow plugs on my 05 berlingo. Thanks
(10-05-2013, 11:09 AM)brad22000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, im new here. just wondering if theres a DIY section for checking / changing my glow plugs on my 05 berlingo. Thanks

i know theres a test i can do with a tester but no idea how and where, any advice appreciated
I assume you've got a multimeter ?, First check if there is 12 volts at the wires feeding the glow plugs. Must be done with ignition on with engine cold and within 20 seconds before the relay switches off.

Connect the meter or a test bulb to one of the glow plugs, anyone it doesn't matter which. Position the meter/test bulb so you can see it from the drivers position and switch on the ignition . If the glow plug relay is working the meter/bulb should light , it might be only a quick flash as there is some debate about whether they come on above 0 degrees. Which depends on the model

If you don't get a light then the glow plug relay may be suspect.

To check individual plugs disconnect the wiring that connects them together and test each one with the meter on resistance setting
, should only be something like 1 or 2 ohms. change them if no resistance or too high a resistance.

Happy testing :thumbsup:
any help really appreciated