Berlingo Forum

Full Version: DW8B flywheel.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, been a while since I been here (so busy with work) so here's the scenario, had a complete idiot change my engine (DW8B) where he had a DW8 to go in there. After 6 months of head scratching and buying new parts I've finally got it running my last hurdle now is he didn't change the flywheel.

I'm just wondering if there is an inspection port on the gearbox where I can "fit" a magnet to the originsl flywheel without removing the gearbox, anyone tried this?
Where the starter motor fits?
RE: starter motor, Thought of that. Gonna give it a go.
i had a clutch bearing break up and after the clutch was renewed the van ran lumpy and smokey. found out the 2 tabs that trigger the rpm sensor on the rim of the flywheel had snapped off . thru the inspection hole at the top of the gearbox i managed to drill a 1/8 hole into the flywheem next to the broken off bases and fabricate 2 tiny tabs out of steel plate and screw them into place . VOILA van runs a treat once again .