Berlingo Forum

Full Version: MPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
we have had our 2010 xtr 90 just on a month now,picked it up from exeter,the wife drives it to work mostly dual carriage way and against the main traffic flow but the average mpg is around 46,is this a ballpark figure for everyone?i drive a mondeo estate 2.0 full of tools and kit and the mpg from that is 44-46.
It seems to be about average.There is/are thread/s on fuel consumption.Welcome to the forum.:thumbsup:
Yes afraid thats about it, I have done 400 miles today and on fresh oil and the trip is reading 44.2Mpg and that was cruising anywhere between 65-75 mph. It did start reading at 50.9 mpg but then dropped to 44.2 by the time I was home.

It is a real disappointment to me but I guess I can't grumble as in the 14,000 miles I have covered since sept last year all I have done is chuck diesel in it up until today when it was serviced. Next Saturday will be mot day and then we will see whats what.
But if it carries on like this for another year then all will be good.
Work out the mpg by fuel used against mileage rather than relying on the trip computer as they aren't always accurate.
Id say its average.
About 44mpg at 70-75 & increase to about 47 if you keep motorway speed down to about 60-65 is what I find. You are driving a brick, remember.
Id say an average given your road choice.

My current average lugging heavy uphill is 51 and its done over 60 mpg in the past
I do however drive slow and gentle to get this.

Imagine having (or actually driving with) a top heavy glass of some unpleasant liquid on the dashboard....
Fosters?
McEwans laddie
Stella (wife-beater) Artois. :whistle:
Pages: 1 2