Berlingo Forum

Full Version: radio got a mind off its own.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi folks the last couple of days my standard cd/radio has had a mind of its own....i turn it up and it turns itself down up down up down its gettin on my tits. it has the extra controls by the steering wheel.should i just fit a none gen one ?as i cant put up with much more of it. i do have a spare one the same in the shed but i did read on here that they are coded for each car is that right. thanks.
Yep they're coded with the vin No. :thumbsup:
i would think that the problem is in the stalk by the wheel,can i disconnect the from the radio to try it. do it just plug into the back of the set.
This comes in on the Comms line so you can't remove this with out loosing the display data etc.
There is a setting in the BSI for auto volume control depending on what speed you are going at. Does this happen at the same speed each time?
Confusedcratch:
this happens at any speed even if im not moving. it looks like im going to have to fit another radio dont realy want to as i would prefere to keep it standard. thanks
If you can find anyone with Lexia or PP2000 you can change the spare units Vin number to yours quite easy. Confusedalut: