Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Rear suspension boing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vehicle is MK1 2.0hdi 800kg 2002 model (van)

Recently, for the first time in 6 1/2 years I've been running the van with no weight in the back. Since doing this there is a 'boing' coming from the rear when going slowly over bumps and around corners.

What could be the possible causes? My first thought was rear springs but my second thought was 'shut up fool it's a torsion bar setup'

Help.

Please Confusedalut:
(24-06-2013, 05:11 PM)steve valentine Wrote: [ -> ]Vehicle is MK1 2.0hdi 800kg 2002 model (van)

Recently, for the first time in 6 1/2 years I've been running the van with no weight in the back. Since doing this there is a 'boing' coming from the rear when going slowly over bumps and around corners.

What could be the possible causes? My first thought was rear springs but my second thought was 'shut up fool it's a torsion bar setup'

Help.

Please Confusedalut:
Sounds like brake compensation spring its on the drivers side behind the rear wheel arch abit of grease fixed mine.
Thank you very much sir! I shall look into that as soon as possible :thumbsup:
It was indeed the brake compensator spring. Greased it, no more boing. Happy happy happy :thumbsup:
Your M9 ain't so different from an M59 after all then.......
(24-06-2013, 05:11 PM)steve valentine Wrote: [ -> ]Vehicle is MK1 2.0hdi 800kg 2002 model (van)

What could be the possible causes?  My first thought was rear springs but my second thought was 'shut up fool it's a torsion bar setup'

Help.

Please Confusedalut:
My vans just started to do the same but its more of a bang not a 'boing'(or is this the same) think ill try giving it a grease up see what happens Huh  thanks bud.