Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Window tints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've bought a roll of tinted window film to stick on the side rear windows of my wifes Peugeot partner combi.
It would make sense to remove the windows to make fitting easier.
The manual says to remove the windows with the hinges, but there is no mention of removing the hinge from the glass (which would make it even easier to fit the film).
If I try to remove the hinge from the glass will I experience any problems such as realigning, resealing or even breaking it.
Anyone done this & can give advice.Smile

pieface Cool
I did mine a couple of weeks ago. Its only three T15 torx screws holding the hinges and catch to the window, just have someone on the outside of the vehicle while you undo them. Took me longer to remove and replace the windows than to actually apply the tint (precut to shape). I'm just waiting on a friend to do the back window for me, tried it myself and ballsed it up after getting 3/4 of it down ok.
As above, it's really very simple to remove the window hinges from the glass, there may be a rubber washer on the outside between glass and retainer, so don't lose those.

I found the side windows relatively straight forward, even for a novice like me (remember to cut the holes out so you can refit the hinge fixings!).
The back window however.... lets just say there are some times when it's worth paying a professional for their time and expertise, and saving yourself some stress and a few more grey hairs lol!
Thanks for the help guysConfusedalut:

(25-08-2013, 07:58 PM)Johnnypf Wrote: [ -> ]just have someone on the outside of the vehicle while you undo them. .

Did you ever watch the episode of Only fools and horses when they went into cleaning chandeliers. :lol:

What's your opinions on just doing the rear sides and leaving the rear screen clear. Will it look odd.Sad

pieface Cool
one in all in I reckon, try justthe sides first and then see what you think.
Have this on my Xantia estate. I find it emphasises the brightness of following headlights at night.
Because the rear window is curved, you need to use heat to mould it into shape, otherwise it'll wrinkle in the corners. Heat gun if you're careful, hair dryer if you're not.