Berlingo Forum

Full Version: BSI problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Finally got everything working (touch wood)after the wiper etc issues bar the central locking from the remote and hence the alarm. It will lock and unlock immediately after the bsi reset but when I go back later on it won't do anything via the remote? I've read somewhere that the reset can take a few attempts to be successful, is this the case?
I had something similar with mine.
After a Bsi reset the doors would behave how they should with the fob but after 20 min's or so (when the Bsi has gone to sleep) the doors would only lock with the fob.
At the time I had an Airbag fault light lit on the dash which turned out to be one of the communication lines being open circuit. Everything returned to normal after the fault was repaired.
Do you have any warning lamps lit on your dash ? :thumbsup:
(03-09-2013, 12:49 PM)Rustscrat Wrote: [ -> ]I had something similar with mine.
After a Bsi reset the doors would behave how they should with the fob but after 20 min's or so (when the Bsi has gone to sleep) the doors would only lock with the fob.
At the time I had an Airbag fault light lit on the dash which turned out to be one of the communication lines being open circuit. Everything returned to normal after the fault was repaired.
Do you have any warning lamps lit on your dash ? :thumbsup:

No abnormal lights on on the dash....
Just a quick check - does the a/bag light illuminate then go off when you turn your ignition on? :thumbsup:
(03-09-2013, 01:15 PM)Rustscrat Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick check - does the a/bag light illuminate then go off when you turn your ignition on? :thumbsup:

From the top of my head all the normal lights airbag one included come on then switch off as normal when you put the ignition on.
Does unlocking the doors with the fob deactivate your alarm or is it a separate item? Confusedcratch:
The alarm is armed and disarmed via the remote, so every time I arm it now and then have to open the doors by using the key in the lock I'm setting the alarm off. Luckily I can disarm it once I'm in the van via a keypad.
Is it a genuine Cit./Pug. alarm or an after market? :thumbsup:
AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH, tried resetting the bsi again a couple of times this evening & now as soon as I unlock the van via the key in the door as the fob still won't work, the dash is back lit up like a xmas tree, with the STOP light and the low fuel light flashing & the headlights are on. It won't do anything until about a minute and a half has passed then the dash clears & the lights go off. If you then put the key in the ignition & turn it on the routine starts again but won't clear until you remove the key. Please help as I'm getting desperate as i've currently got a useless lump of metal sitting outside that I can't use & I need it!!!! :censored::brickwall::brickwall:

(03-09-2013, 07:29 PM)LUCIALIA Wrote: [ -> ]AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH, tried resetting the bsi again a couple of times this evening & now as soon as I unlock the van via the key in the door as the fob still won't work, the dash is back lit up like a xmas tree, with the STOP light and the low fuel light flashing & the headlights are on. It won't do anything until about a minute and a half has passed then the dash clears & the lights go off. If you then put the key in the ignition & turn it on the routine starts again but won't clear until you remove the key. Please help as I'm getting desperate as i've currently got a useless lump of metal sitting outside that I can't use & I need it!!!! :censored::brickwall::brickwall:
& it's an after market alarm
Random thought but could a not fully charged battery not help? I may disconnect the connections under the bonnet to check they aren't wet and maybe the same with the bsi under the dash?
Pages: 1 2 3