Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Best deals for new XTR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Due to new rules at work re max age & mileage on cars we can have if we're opted out of a company car & the deal I seem to be able to get on a new XTR I'm likely not to bother looking for a used one. I've had no luck finding a used one with the spec I want anyway.

It looks like the price of the basic XTR is heavily discounted by just over £3K but options are charged at full price. Is that the norm or are there even better deals to be had?

Moderators - apologies. I posted in wrong forum. I'm unable to delete & repost. Please move. Thanks
I wanted an XTR HDi 90 with several options, but I wanted it quickly and with a discount. In my case the local dealer offered me £1k off the list price immediately. I then listed the reasons that I wanted to use a local dealer (them) rather than something like Drive the Deal, including having somewhere reliable to service the vehicle (a revenue flow that of course they want). So I made it clear that I was on-side and predisposed to buy locally if at all possible.

Then I told them, very politely, that I needed them to sweeten the deal just a little. The sales manager said flatly "We don't give additional discounts." Then after a pause he said "...But we need to sell a certain number of cars by the end of the month to meet our quota with Citroen and those will be less expensive" or words to that effect. This was in March, so it would have been the end of the quarter as well. He also told me that I would have to take an existing vehicle so ordering was out of the question.

We both sat down at the manager's PC and searched the dealer network for something in the UK that more or less fit my needs. We found one so I ordered it and they had it brought to the local dealer. The list price would have been about £18.5k (metallic paint, alloys, automatic pack, detection pack, modutop, connection box etc) but I got it for just over £15k. The total saving was £3k.

So it is possible, but it may depend on how desperate the dealer is. September IS the end of the quarter, so maybe there are hungry dealers out there?

OTF
Thanks OTF. My quote was for factory ordered but the discounts look to be in the same ballpark. I'm planning on ordering in March for June delivery.
Took delivery of our new 115/XTR on Tuesday.

Perry's in Milton Keynes were advertising them for around £13295 albeit excluding the 'anything but white' paint charge. Local dealer in Northampton wouldn't go beyond list minus £1k, this on a car we were sitting alongside. Couldn't wait as my Xantia had died 6 weeks sooner than planned for!! Perrys got the gig at around £13.8k all in.
Enjoy your car!

So £13.8K for base XTR 115 plus metallic? That's seems a great price.

I'm going for white. It looks good with the black modutop & tints you get with the split tailgate IMO. Putting the saving to one of the other options.
We'd have liked a Modutop - love it in our 05 Mk2 - but it was too much complication when we wanted a quick deal.
My local dealer offered £500 discount & told me he may be able to go to £1000 depending on how I financed. He told me the quote from a big box shifter down south was BS but if I got it on paper come next March when I will be buying they would beat the price.

I then got a price from localish Telfords in Carlisle who, without any knowledge of what offers I'd been given, came in at £14810 against £18440 OTR. No hassle, no spiel. They'll be getting my business I reckon.

Just got to hope those sort of deals are still around in 7 months time
(13-09-2013, 06:53 AM)knackerdan Wrote: [ -> ]My local dealer offered £500 discount & told me he may be able to go to £1000 depending on how I financed. He told me the quote from a big box shifter down south was BS but if I got it on paper come next March when I will be buying they would beat the price.

I then got a price from localish Telfords in Carlisle who, without any knowledge of what offers I'd been given, came in at £14810 against £18440 OTR. No hassle, no spiel. They'll be getting my business I reckon.

Just got to hope those sort of deals are still around in 7 months time

I just went around as many dealers as it took to match the Drive the Deal price. I wanted to see the person I was dealing with. That was a mistake. Dealers varied, "we don't discount, don't believe drive the deal can supply at that price, impossible, I am not talking to you, and so on. It became a mission. Eventually, one said yes and I bought it there and then.

Next time, the stealers can all to *ell. I cannot be bothered with them. I will sell mine privately and Drive the Deal will get an order. I have no connection with Drive the Deal but I do know someone who ordered through them and tells me he will not buy at a dealers ever again.
Drive the Deal are a grand out on the spec I want. To give Telfords their due it was a personal visit & there was no mind games or BS. Just gave a price without any info of what I'd been offered elsewhere & hoped to see me in March & told me I'd be welcome back if I wanted a test drive. Very refreshing as dealing with sales exec's is not my favourite pastime.
(13-09-2013, 02:14 PM)knackerdan Wrote: [ -> ]Drive the Deal are a grand out on the spec I want. To give Telfords their due it was a personal visit & there was no mind games or BS. Just gave a price without any info of what I'd been offered elsewhere & hoped to see me in March & told me I'd be welcome back if I wanted a test drive. Very refreshing as dealing with sales exec's is not my favourite pastime.

Then give Telfords your support. Sounds like they deserve your business.

I hope the same salesman is still there when you are ready to buy.
Pages: 1 2