Berlingo Forum

Full Version: MK1 1.9 poor fuel economy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ravihotwok

As above, i own a w reg berlingo 1.9, it is returning about 40miles to £10 which I think is about 30mpg. Im thinking that it should do more than this?? the engine runs sweet and smooth but I do know that the previous owner has had a button installed for the glow plugs as they dont work off the key. I have been pointed towards the direction of the advance solenoid or the map sensor. Could any of these cause the poor fuel economy?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Is the 40 miles motorway or town work?

If it's town work the book is 32mpg anyway so it's not far out, if it's motorway work, there's summat wrong Big Grin

Welcome to the forum.

A quick calculation shows 25mpg, assuming 1.38 a litre for diesel.
MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor, the 1.9 did not have this neither did it have Mass Air Flow MAF.
So don't bother looking for these.
(25-05-2011, 10:46 AM)Coco Wrote: [ -> ]MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor, the 1.9 did not have this neither did it have Mass Air Flow MAF.
So don't bother looking for these.

Swear I got a Mass air flow sensor coming out of the airbox on mine...
I stand to be corrected.........HBol strikes again !!!

In which case it will be worth cleaning it. Use electrical contact cleaner and allow to dry naturally
Be very carefull cleaning it! they damage very easily, don't touch the sensor whatever you do, just spray with contact cleaner as said above!