Berlingo Forum

Full Version: New battery running better 1.9d 2004
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Just thought I would share this with you.

When I bought my 2004 bingo 1.9 Diesl after a days fiddling I noticed the battery was not clamped down properly made me smell a rat and look at the battery more.

Sure enough the battery appeared to me to be insuffienct at 38 Ah and 320 CCA . Seemed to me to be something more suitable for a 1.6 petrol car. I am expecting it was Swopped over from something prior to sale to save on sellers costs.

It started ok but I could tell that already the last two mornings that it was getting slower two start.

I bought from Eurocarparts an exide 64ah 640 CCA battery and fitted if this evening whilst do the BSI reset process. £66.124 years warranty far better than halfords ripoff prices £120.00 or quick fits astronomical £130.00!!!

Everything is ok except key fob locking which I think May be the method I used or the fobs just faulty. The auto locking now works which did not before under speed. 5 second hold on centre locking button.

Most important thing is the van without a shadow of a doubt is pulling away better and genuinely feels to have more power. Running more smoothly and I gave it a 5 mile drives to "bed in" as it where.

Could this be the BSI or ECU relearning the engine or just the better battery improving the load on the alternator.

Value your opinions dear experts.