Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 2008 fan/blower fuse number
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rego1

Can anyone tell me the fuse number for the fan/blower on berlingo Multispace 2008 onwards? The fan just stopped working but there wasn't a burning smell or anything unusual.
Thanks.

Rego1
(02-06-2011, 05:13 PM)Rego1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me the fuse number for the fan/blower on berlingo Multispace 2008 onwards? The fan just stopped working but there wasn't a burning smell or anything unusual.
Thanks.

Rego1

Sorry to butt in, but me too.....
Blower stopped (all speeds). Relay burnt and holder melted. I can fix this but no power to relay term 30. Where's the fuse?
Rgds Alan
Try F4 (10A) in the dashboard (BSI) fuses. Behind the glovebox. Should be red. Check your blower resistor has not blown though, it's up above the throttle pedal. It has a thermal fuse on the top of it. Can't be seen (the thermal fuse) without removing the resistor pack. Once the 5.5mm bolt is removed, the resistor is slid firmly towards the door to unlock it and then pull it down. Reverse to refit.
(07-02-2021, 11:01 PM)Zion Wrote: [ -> ]Try F4 (10A) in the dashboard (BSI) fuses. Behind the glovebox. Should be red. Check your blower resistor has not blown though, it's up above the throttle pedal. It has a thermal fuse on the top of it. Can't be seen (the thermal fuse) without removing the resistor pack. Once the 5.5mm bolt is removed, the resistor is slid firmly towards the door to unlock it and then pull it down. Reverse to refit.

Hmmm, I seriously doubt that 10A would cover it. More like 25A.
   I assume the thermal fuse is self-resetting.
I found where the resistor pack is, but haven't checked it yet as no power at the the relay and common sense would suggest fuse-relay-speed control-motor, but we are in a french car !
   I've searched the internet and this forum, but all I can find is the weird list from the owners handbook.
Is there a proper list anywhere of where everything in the vehicle is powered from? The list of fuses is a bit of a joke, and something like the blower should have it's own fuse.
   The fuses aren't even in order in either fusebox.
Think I'll need to buy a haynes manual and study the wiring diagrams. Bah humbug.
Alan
Right, I have a Haynes manual (everyone should get one when they buy a car) and checked the 5 pages of schematics for the heating system for you.

You could have blown F11, it's 40A and is far left of the engine bay fusebox, second up from the bottom left corner. Or Masterfuse MF1, which is 40A but it controls the AC unit too. If you have manual AC, it runs the control panel and blower. If automatic AC, it powers the AC ECU as well as the blower.

MF1 is hidden under the main engine bay fuse tray so you'll have to remove that to get to it. Some cars have the top tray riveted in, others are just clipped in.

The fan motor only draws 5A, I've tested them on the bench. It's a 60W Denso blower so the big capacity fuses must be needed to run the flap motors, blower control system, AC etc.

I've attached the schematics with the blower motor in, and the fuse list for the engine fusebox.

I'd replied from work, where I didn't have my Haynes with me and relied on the Google search...which throws up an incorrect fuse list.

MF1 feeds the relay contacts on terminal 5, so it's actually the most likely I'd say. F11 feeds the coil of the relay and the return path is through the BSI computer. Route for motor current is Fuse, relay, motor, speed controller.
(08-02-2021, 10:07 PM)Zion Wrote: [ -> ]Right, I have a Haynes manual (everyone should get one when they buy a car) and checked the 5 pages of schematics for the heating system for you.

You could have blown F11, it's 40A and is far left of the engine bay fusebox, second up from the bottom left corner. Or Masterfuse MF1, which is 40A but it controls the AC unit too. If you have manual AC, it runs the control panel and blower. If automatic AC, it powers the AC ECU as well as the blower.

MF1 is hidden under the main engine bay fuse tray so you'll have to remove that to get to it. Some cars have the top tray riveted in, others are just clipped in.

The fan motor only draws 5A, I've tested them on the bench. It's a 60W Denso blower so the big capacity fuses must be needed to run the flap motors, blower control system, AC etc.

I've attached the schematics with the blower motor in, and the fuse list for the engine fusebox.

I'd replied from work, where I didn't have my Haynes with me and relied on the Google search...which throws up an incorrect fuse list.

MF1 feeds the relay contacts on terminal 5, so it's actually the most likely I'd say. F11 feeds the coil of the relay and the return path is through the BSI computer. Route for motor current is Fuse, relay, motor, speed controller.
Brilliant.
Excellent info, thanks, I'll go and poke around.
Alan