Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Tyre size help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I am looking to get some more tyres for the Scarlet Slug. The tyres fitted are 170/70R14 which doesn't seem to be included in the manual. Every where I look eg. Black Circles or mytyres.co.uk they recommend 165/65R15. The wheel size is 5 1/2 J 14 CHC.

Anyone any recommendations? If I change size presumably I'll need to change all 4 wheels but if I keep the same size I can just change the front which is all that need doing.
I've got 185/65/15 on my van with no problems.
A must to have matching sizes on each axle Malc but 5 mm difference in aspect ratio front to back is no issue :thumbsup:
Think how much the dub boys stretch rubber and hurl thier vw's round a track w
ith no probs Smile
(30-11-2013, 05:05 PM)steve valentine Wrote: [ -> ]I've got 185/65/15 on my van with no problems.

Is that on the same size wheels as mine?

(30-11-2013, 08:20 PM)nil by mouth Wrote: [ -> ]A must to have matching sizes on each axle Malc but 5 mm difference in aspect ratio front to back is no issue :thumbsup:
Think how much the dub boys stretch rubber and hurl thier vw's round a track w
ith no probs Smile

I've experienced having different size wheels on the same axle! It's interesting :whistle:
I hadn't finished but barmy ladrador trod on keyboard , hence broken text , lol gotta be a first for the forum ( he's not a member :eek: )

Done this on wifes Kangoo on the advice of local tyre fitter , all 4 steel rims are same size but 2 front tyres differ from 2 rear tyres in width and aspect ratio , however 2 tyres on each axle are identical !
I managed to order some the same size as the ones I already have at a good price. Avon ZT5 which seem to have a good rolling resistance score. The local tyre place fits tyres you bring along for a tenner.

It does look like I'll have to play with the tyre pressures though. The standard pressure seems to be a tad low as the centre of the tread is not very worn