Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Hi, just bought a Berlingo!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm Kevin from Ireland and on Saturday I bought my first Berlingo Smile It is a 2003 2.0 HDI with 93k miles on the clock. I have always heard a lot of good things about these vans so hopefully it will prove to be reliable and economical to run. There are a few little jobs to be taken care of to make the van nice, a couple of bits of exterior trim missing, the wheels have surface rust and could do with being sanded down and painted (can't afford to have them powder coated unfortunately), and the interior is FILTHY and needs a serious clean. Also the driver's and passenger's side door cards are both loose. I assume they are missing some clips? I would also love to fit cruise control if possible. Anyway, lots to do! Will post up pics when it's not so dull out.

Kevin
Hi Kevin welcome to the forum, You may be in luck with the cruise control as depending on your vehicle spec and wiper stalk, it could be just a matter of plugging into a pc with lexia on and changing a few settings plus a couple of switches. Have a search on the forum as quite a few members have done the mod.
Hello Kevin welcome to the forum
Thanks for the welcome guys. Getting hold of a copy of Lexia is definitely on my to do list, although hopefully I won't need it very often...!
Door cards...
It's very easy to break the fasteners when removing the door cards. So if the previous owner has had to replace the window, mess With the central locking or something like that, they'll often end up breaking.

You should be able to find the right type here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid...&_from=R40
(Just don't ask me which exactly. It may be that more than one type will fit, or have been used in different vintages)
Thanks for that Gadgetman. I'll take a look at which type I have on the van and order up a few replacements. It's actually handy that the cards are hanging half off because they'll be much easier to clean if I just remove them fully. Also the latch inside the passenger side door is missing so I have to replace this with one I will pull from a breakers.