Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Filter location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quickie - on the 1.6Hdi is the oil filter low down on the battery side of the engine?Might be Haynes in the morning.Thanks,Dave.
Yes, just above the gearbox housing and stick out at a 45 degree angle.
Yes it is, have a look as this:

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1955

Regards

Tony
This is the only picture I have at moment...
You can see almost half of the filter housing with the 27mm 'nut' on top arrowed.
(Click on the pic for the 'bigger' version.)

[Image: 2egbf2h.jpg]
[Thanks for that - its unlike any housing I'd come across,particularly with the 27 mm 'nut'.The turbo woes are worrying though.Thats the next job(injectors),followed by a fuel filter change after hearing of bio content in diesel possibly responsible for blockages & breakdowns countrywide.
Make sure you put a drip tray and some kitchen roll underneath when you remove it. Normally I only get a few drips when I change the filter but the last time I did it a big splodge of oil came out!

Mine will be due for a an oil change again over the next couple of weeks, it's be interesting to see if it splodges oil out again next time!
How much net pollution is caused by disposal of the oil-soaked rags, use of degreasers/solvents - compared to the "environmental savings" of a paper cartridge filter? Seems to me, one is robbing Peter to pay Paul.
(13-12-2013, 11:37 AM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]How much net pollution is caused by disposal of the oil-soaked rags, use of degreasers/solvents - compared to the "environmental savings" of a paper cartridge filter? Seems to me, one is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Environmental savings,my bum.In the old days when the canister filters first appeared,they were a lot more expensive than their paper predecessor.Then paper filters return & are more expensive again.
Call me an old cynic if you like but I think it's down to profit & nothing else.:censored: