Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Hello all + avoiding a DPF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all. Smile A new member here. Signed up as I really like the Berlingo for it's size and driving position and other things. But I havn't bought one yet! What's delaying the purchase is trying to find out Confusedtudy: which years/models have a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) - which I want to avoid. Can anyone help? I'm looking at buying a 2001 - 2005 model. Thanks. Regards, Dan
Hi Dan, think you'll find none have the DPF fitted in that year range, only some versions of the MK3 2008 onwards.
I'd go for the 2L HDI in that year range, the 1.9D is slow and less fuel efficient.
Hope this helps.
I think an early 1.6 TDi would also be OK as by now any problems it may have suffered will be sorted out and my 2006
Mk.2 90 has no DPF.
Hello Dan welcome to the forum 1.6 Must be well service
Many thanks for your helpful replies. Brilliant forum. Big Grin
Dan

=========================================

(13-01-2014, 02:24 PM)Daann Wrote: [ -> ]Hi to all. Smile A new member here. Signed up as I really like the Berlingo for it's size and driving position and other things. But I havn't bought one yet! What's delaying the purchase is trying to find out Confusedtudy: which years/models have a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) - which I want to avoid. Can anyone help? I'm looking at buying a 2001 - 2005 model. Thanks. Regards, Dan
Hello and welcome mine is a 2007 and has no DPF.