Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Permanent \ Constant Live supply near dashboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks,

Can anyone give me any pointers on finding a permanent live supply near the dashboard in a Mk11
I'd like to install(or reconfigure the second one) a cig lighter socket that is always on.

All supplies I can find seem to be affected by the ECO mode and turn off 10minutes of so after the ignition is turned off.

There must be a supply to the ECU or relay board, that then becomes the ECO live?
Or is my only choice to run straight to the battery?
If so what is my best route through the bulk head?
Has anyone got any photos of existing work done?

I've tried searching the forum but haven't manged to locate and help.
Which model do you have?

If you have the modutop, the 12v feeds in the overhead cupboards are perm live so you might be able to access those and feed off them?

I just had an underseat sub fitted this weekend and a feed taken direct from the battery. The route used was via the fuse box to the right of the wheel.

If you remove the windscreen wiper covers above the bonnet, there's the various wires going to the drivers side fuse box and the 12v supply was put through the plastic cover into the cabin. It's a bit fiddly but there's no way in from the passenger side.
You can get through the firewall on the passenger side. There is a blanking plug for the lhd steering column, you can gonthrough there using a cable gland. If you look up under the dash on the passenger side near the top of the floor carpet you will see a circular cut in the carpet. Pull it doen to reveal the plasic blanking plug, it is about 60mm in diameter. If you cannot drill it in place it will push out from the engine side into the passenger compartment. It is held in with mastic. Cable glands are readily available from Maplins or from the internet.

Peter
I've fitted a constant live feed into the luggage compartment and into the glove box above steering wheel, both are trailing sockets and the front one has an on/off switch for safety reasons.
The feed came from a thick white cable beneath the near side luggage compartment side panel which I joined in to, for the front I managed to get the cable up the offside rear panels, along the inside of the roof lining, down behind the front panel and under the dash in to the glovebox with a switch on the way.
This is on a mk3 and took quite a bit of time, whilst the panels were out I fitted additional luggage compartment lights on the same live feed with side switch. Inline fuses are fitted as appropriate.
A full day fiddling around but the results are worth all the effort.
Hi Folks, thanks for the information, I had a look as tucker suggested and found another constant live from the electric sun roof supply and fitted a fused socket in the overhead tray!
I simply filed down a couple of spade connectors and pushed them into the sunroof supply, which also has its own common.

My car doesn't have an electric sunroof or modulo top but nonetheless the sunroof cable is there behind the central light module. I was up there fixing a water leak coming through the radio antenna, which had actually seems to have fixed itself anyway. The next job on the list was the constantly on cigarette lighter socket via the bulkhead as suggested above, but by not fixing the leak, finding the sunroof cable and replacing the broken overhead tray I killed three birds with one stone!

So now I can charge my phone in the car even when the ignition is off.

Thanks again everyone.