Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Bsi question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've recently brought a berlingo 600d x 1.9d 2006, drove it back 140 miles home and during the trip back it seam to loose power now and then like I had switched the key off and on while moving, the oil and battery light came on while it was doing this, the heater also stopped and started in time with the engine issue and the headlights flicked too, while all of the above was happening I could head a clicking from the bsm in the engine bay it was like the battery terminal was loose but it was not. I pulled over at the next service got a coffee and then continued my journey back which went without any issues, the next day I went out to it turned the ignition on and there was a constant clicking from the bsm unit under the bonnet, it won't start, no wipers, no heater, I had dash lights and the mfd was not displaying any errors and radio was working fine. thinking the clicking from the bsm unit was the issue I sourced a replacement and changed it, still the same Sad as I needed to use it for work as I'm self employed I needed to get it running so I removed the shut of valve from the pump and replaced it with a standard one, this got it started eventually as the glow plugs don't work either due to the fault, well it runs sounds like a tractor for the first couple of seconds but then the electrics come to life and everything works fine for a short while then clicking starts and the electrics all stop working eg speedo, rev counter, heater, wipers, indicators etc,

My question is as I've removed the immobiliser part by changing the shut off valve for a standard one, and the van don't have central locking, so don't need remote key. could I just change the bsi unit without the need to program it? Also does it have to be the exact matching number as I'm struggling to find the exact one?

I've found a complete set ecu, bsi, bsm, key and transponder ring it's off the same spec van and same year but the numbers on the units are completely different to mine will this work if all fitted together?

Sorry for the long post but I thought if you know the full story it might help with a answer, any help would be appreciated
A used BSI will work fine if you have removed the shut off valve, not sure about the numbers issue though, ideally needs to be the same.
Just remember it will upload the HIGHEST mileage, and you may need to change a few configurations on the replacement, such as lights, locking etc etc.
***Update*** mfd is displaying eco mode now no clicking from the bsi or bsm unit needless to say no electrics are working and now battery light is on permanent! drove it for a few miles and still in eco mode! tested the voltage from alternator which is a constant 14.78 volts and I've even changed the battery still no go, I think there must be a wiring issue somewhere as the bsi or the bsm unit don't click when the battery is connected or disconnected now, anyone know of a common fault that I can check? Cheers
There are solid state relays on the BSI motherboard that can burn out occasionally.