Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Cruise control on a 1.9D?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks

Quick question, is it possible to retrofit cruise control on a 1.9D? Specifically a 600 Enterprise on a 54 plate. All the posts I have looked through seem to be based on the HDI engines.

I have had a look for the brake and clutch switches, the brake has a 2 wire switch and the clutch has none. However there are 2x 2 pin/wire brown connectors lurking nearby.

I have also looked briefly at lexia and the option is there for it in the BSI.
The bsi is common to both hdi and dw8, however the dw8 uses a mechanical pump, so the ecu cannot rev the engine as a hdi can, so the answer is no bar fitting an actuator and some kind of aftermarket cruise adaptor
Thanks dumdum, you just saved me £50 as I almost bought a cruise stalk Big Grin
Nail the accelerator to the floor. They're so slow that the occasional touch on the brake will keep you at a constant speed
True.... Make sure your accelerator cable is tight and moving freely... Makes it slower if not!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
We have a Romahome with a 1.9d engine.

I had an aftermarket cruise control fitted, expensive but some of the best money I have spent.

Peter
(16-03-2014, 07:04 AM)Romahomepete Wrote: [ -> ]We have a Romahome with a 1.9d engine.

I had an aftermarket cruise control fitted, expensive but some of the best money I have spent.

Peter

Which one did you use Peter.
We've just got an old 1.9D 1999 vintage (on our Romahome Duo mini Motorhome) and I really miss the cruise I had on my car.