Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Horn problem..!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I've got a strange Horn problem ! The horn works when the key is Not in the ignition, when I put it in, it doesn't work and also when I start up, it doesn't work??? But I've found that sometimes(once or twice) it has worked with it in the ignition and engine running.!!! Has anyone any idea what it can be, Please. Many thanks
(01-05-2014, 04:06 PM)Reg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I've got a strange Horn problem ! The horn works when the key is Not in the ignition, when I put it in, it doesn't work and also when I start up, it doesn't work??? But I've found that sometimes(once or twice) it has worked with it in the ignition and engine running.!!! Has anyone any idea what it can be, Please. Many thanks

Hi Reg, it is a common fault on these vans there is a problem with the earth for the horn.
Regards
Thats horny.
(01-05-2014, 04:06 PM)Reg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I've got a strange Horn problem ! The horn works when the key is Not in the ignition, when I put it in, it doesn't work and also when I start up, it doesn't work??? But I've found that sometimes(once or twice) it has worked with it in the ignition and engine running.!!! Has anyone any idea what it can be, Please. Many thanks

take the airbag off and there is an earth in the steering wheel clean it up and that should short that problem
Make sure everything is shut down and turned off all doors are shut and drivers window down. Disconnect the battery and leave for ten minutes then remove the steering wheel cowl to gain access to the back of the wheel. You then need a short screwdriver to go in the holes in the back of the wheel to flick the 3 spring clips to get the airbag off. Its a bit of a fiddle and do not use to much force. Be careful once the airbag is off and support it out of the way. You will then see the crap earth connection that just fits in a hole its like a U shaped spade connector. I just cut it off put a ring connector on it and drilled a small hole near the original and used a self tapper to secure it. Just a matter of putting it all back together again.
If you are unsure on getting the airbag off its in the Haynes manual.
Thank you all for help, I will look at the earth wire.. Thanks
Hi, thanks to all of you, my horn problem is solved.. I made a better earth with wire, now it's working.. Thanks again for your replies..
I would loved to see you remove that steering wheel Smile POS design isn't it?