Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Cant pick your relatives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My brother in law is an ideal candidate to get ripped off by some unscrupulous garage he wouldn't know a spanner from a screwdriver.

When he looks under the bonnet all he does is fill up things with water etc. , Confusedcratch:

Complained to me one day that his cylinder head gasket was gone, How did you know? I asked , The light on the dash for low water keeps coming on and when I top it up it goes out. Keeps using water he says. Went as far as getting a quote for a new gasket.

I had a quick look, saw nothing to prove his diagnosis , "show me the warning light" ! . It turned out that the light was for the window washers low level and when he topped it up he thought it was the header tank he was filling. It was always down when he looked next time.
Nothing wrong with the head gasket

Another example was when starting up a citron which was in gear , it jumped forward and bumped a wall in front. It tripped the fuel cut off under the bonnet. Called a garage as it wouldn't start again who quoted £600 + for a new fuel tank+ pump. He traded it in at £600 less than its worth.

:eek:
You couldn't make that up about the washer fluid levels - entertaining Bank Holiday morning read :lol:

The same goes for the unscrupulous quotes from a minority of garages that kill the reputations of many good ones Rolleyes

I used to make a living out of buying cars at auction that had scary noises coming from the engine compartments, such as failed water pumps or alternator bearings. These days, the scary noises could be just that - too much technology for a quick buck :eek:
... But you can pick your nose in the car! Big Grin
(05-05-2014, 11:44 AM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]... But you can pick your nose in the car! Big Grin

Its an entertainment while waiting for the lights to turn green , watching for nose pickers I mean.
:whistle:
You can pick your friends ......
You can pick your nose .....
..but you can't pick your friends nose ! :whistle: :lol:
Arnold Clark charged a customer £60 to adjust the headlight level. They flicked the switch on the dashboard it was set too high.
I'd have done it for just £49.95
(20-05-2014, 08:54 PM)philip Wrote: [ -> ]Arnold Clark charged a customer £60 to adjust the headlight level. They flicked the switch on the dashboard it was set too high.

That's what i call social mugging :eek: