Berlingo Forum

Full Version: 1.6HDi 16v manifold cowling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Howdy - just bought a 1.6HDi 16v Blingo - that big shiney metal cowling at the front of the engine (i think its over the manifold) has a snapped bracket at the top causing a very load rattle. Is this easily changeable? also where can i find a decent engine diagram for this model?
thanksConfusedalut:
I expect somebody will be along soon who can help, I only have the 2.0HDi so have no knowledge of your engine. In the meantime, you might like to have a look here:-

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=815
Thanks Coco - i'm deeply jealous! I had a 2.0hdi until a month ago until I got rear ended on the M1 at 70mph! poor car was a mess!
mrgreencar, hope you came out of it OK. Sounds like a nasty crash.

Tom
(01-07-2011, 11:47 AM)3rensho Wrote: [ -> ]mrgreencar, hope you came out of it OK. Sounds like a nasty crash.

Tom

It was! the rear end, sides, roof and floor were crumpled so far forward that only the drivers door would open! but me and my 2 year old daughter who was in the back walked out without a scratch! Good cars these Berlingos!!!
Both the cops and the rescue people reckoned the tow bar had taken alot of the impact and saved us- hense tow bar being fitted on new car asap!
I've seen them to snap at 16 & 14 in diagram 1.
They last one i repaired i removed the heatshield and pop riveted on a piece of 3mm material & drilled a 6.5mm hole rebolted on.
Hope it helps..:-)

[Image: berlingo16hdifrontheatshield.jpg]

[Image: berlingo16hdifrontheatshield2.jpg]
Thanks Row thats REALLY helpful Smile
Have seen the loose cover cause a coolant leak from the oil cooler i think, cause by it rubbing against it. Try and get it fixed ASAP
Thanks - I will.
The problem is now fixed and very simply done. Took off the plastic pipe to the radiator which goes over the catalytic converter cowling. Just unscrew/unbolt and unpop. This gave full access to the broken bracket at the top of the cowling. A simple metal strap was cut/drilled and bent to shape and screwed/bolted to the existing screw and bolt holes in the cowling and the cowling securing point so no additional drilling required in to the cowling itself. The result is a very secure cowling which doesnt rattle anymore - YEEHAAAAAA:colors:
Thanks for all your help people - much appreciated
Pages: 1 2