Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Driveshaft/Hub nuts, where to buy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Mk. I 1.4i Berlingo has the type of nuts that needs to be deformed(by banging on them with a hammer and chisel) to lock into place, and according to the Gospel of Haynes, you're supposed to replace them any time you remove them to mess with the driveshaft.
(and by how one of them now looks, after pulling a driveshaft to replace a gaiter, I can believe it)

The problem is that I can't find anyone selling them on the net.

It seems to fit a 36mm socket.

Yes, I could probably get them from the local dealer, but I would really like to avoid giving them my money.
Try GSF website
Griff
If you take them off with an impact wrench it often "re-forms" the damaged sections. Of course this cannot be done to a customer vehicle but for your own purposes it may suffice.

Personally I think the old castle nuts and R clips were much better!
Can't seem to find it there...

Maybe I an ask directly tomorrow when there's someone manning their chat system.

(16-06-2014, 09:15 PM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]If you take them off with an impact wrench it often "re-forms" the damaged sections. Of course this cannot be done to a customer vehicle but for your own purposes it may suffice.

Personally I think the old castle nuts and R clips were much better!

Problem is that they've been removed and put back a time or two too many already.
That nut costs less than 3£ on your local dealer....

Is it really worth to search for it on other places?
Yes.

Because the locals are complete and utter tits...
I know that feeling. It's why I drive 30km to buy parts instead of 5km.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130844102223
That seller doesn't ship to Norway...
That sucks! Sad Maybe one of the UK members can post some?

Although, for perspective, I know a Nigerian Peugeot enthusiast who spends big; can you imagine how many Ebayers would think he's a scammer?

The nuts are just over $11 each here from Peugeot. From Citroën, they are probably dearer.
If you want, i can post 2 nuts! Just send me the adress by PM and i'll send it Wink
Pages: 1 2