Berlingo Forum
Keyless update - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Keyless update (/thread-11059.html)

Keyless update - nuvac - 27-01-2015

Has anybody done a conversion to the keyless upgrade remote. If so I could do with some help please for a 2009 Berlingo van Huh

RE: Keyless update - 3rensho - 29-01-2015

Hi nuvac and welcome to the forum. I frankly have no idea what you are referring to and, judging from the lack of responses no one else does either. Can you please elaborate a bit on what you want to do?

RE: Keyless update - nuvac - 29-01-2015

The locks on the Berlingo van 2009 are getting worn. I have lubricated them but they are not perfect. I have seen a lot of comments on the web about the problems. I have bought a Hawk keyless door open system in which you get a control box and two fobs which will allow you to open the van doors. I would be grateful to hear from anybody who has undertaken this upgrade as to the connections etc .

RE: Keyless update - brodfather11 - 29-01-2015

Hi and welcome to the forum ,
Does this Hawk system just lock and unlock the doors like a central locking system , or does it actually open the doors (or is that a silly question ?)

RE: Keyless update - Tomcat3 - 29-01-2015

I fitted a hawk remote central locking kit to my van a few years back as I was getting fed up unlocking and not locking doors it is a very good system. I took my time and run all wires in sheathing and door motors fixed good and solid. The control box I fixed to the bulkhead up under the glove box then drilled through to the engine bay to take a live feed from the battery.
It cost 23.95 if I remember and it was great value and well made, I would not hesitate to recommend the hawk kit.

RE: Keyless update - nuvac - 30-01-2015

(29-01-2015, 09:46 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  I fitted a hawk remote central locking kit to my van a few years back as I was getting fed up unlocking and not locking doors it is a very good system. I took my time and run all wires in sheathing and door motors fixed good and solid. The control box I fixed to the bulkhead up under the glove box then drilled through to the engine bay to take a live feed from the battery.
It cost 23.95 if I remember and it was great value and well made, I would not hesitate to recommend the hawk kit.

Thanks tomcat3
I think your van was an early model and you fitted door the lock motors . This van has the key operated central locking system and I want to use the press button fob.

RE: Keyless update - Tomcat3 - 30-01-2015

Ah see what you mean now. Yes mine was a basic van I fitted actuator motors and had a separate fob. I was like a pig in you know what it was luxury. The hawk kit was good.

(29-01-2015, 09:30 PM)brodfather11 Wrote:  Hi and welcome to the forum ,
                                          Does this Hawk system just lock and unlock the doors like a central locking system , or does it actually open the doors (or is that a silly question ?)

No it doesn't open the doors it just locks or unlocks by press of a button, If you want the door opened for you then you  need to visit a top hotel.

Thank you for your welcome message.  Heart

(30-01-2015, 06:10 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  Ah see what you mean now. Yes mine was a basic van I fitted actuator motors and had a separate fob. I was like a pig in you know what it was luxury. The hawk kit was good.

Yes I know I have often been up to my neck in it, (strong smelling stuff).
Thanks, have a good weekend. Shy