Berlingo Forum
Howdy - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Introductions, Feedback & Site Rules, & General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Howdy (/thread-12600.html)

Howdy - Andy2308 - 25-10-2015

Hello all.

I’ve been lurking as a guest for the last couple of weeks, so now that I’m the proud owner of a 2012 XTR 115 I thought it was time to join properly.

Now this isn’t my first Berlingo encounter, far from it in fact… Over the years I’ve had 5 different Berlingo company vans, after knocking up 154,000 in a C15D I asked my boss at the time if he could find something more comfortable. He checked with the Citroen dealer and was told that a new van, based on a ZX was about to launch. We had one of the very first vans to try and a few short weeks later, I was the proud driver of a gleaming P reg 1.9D! After changing jobs I later had the pleasure of the mk2 version in both 2.0 & 1.6 HDI, again covering some serious mileage, and again without fault.

Finally, having bought a small caravan earlier this year and found an unhealthy fascination with model railways, I decided that it wasn’t fair for my big bro to cart the railway around in his W reg Synergie and, having gone to a Citroen dealer armed with a tape-measure, I found the perfect solution!!!

So far I’ve managed, via the search button, to figure out how to install and wire a towbar and 13 pin electrics, fit a double-din Pioneer stereo with sat nav, DAB and reversing camera (known locally as ball-cam) although mine didn’t have the necessary electrical connections at the back of the car, it was a fairly easy job to locate the wiring at the front and install the maxi fuse, again all done via searching this site.
So a big thank you for the info I’ve found so far.

Cheers,
Andy.

RE: Howdy - 3rensho - 26-10-2015

Hello Andy and welcome. Sounds like you've been busy. Glad you found it so helpful already.

RE: Howdy - ron - 26-10-2015

Hi & welcome Andy.Glad you've found help here. Big Grin

RE: Howdy - Gadgetman - 26-10-2015

Hm...
We need to get your post count up quickly to get rid of that 'Still a newbie' rating...

Oh, and welcome!

RE: Howdy - Jed Clampit - 26-10-2015

Hello Andy welcome to the forum good to have you with us Smile Good work top mark's  Cool

RE: Howdy - petesta - 26-10-2015

Hi Andy and welcome
sounds like your enjoying your berlingo and hope you don't need the repair side of things as much as I seem to Big Grin
(25-10-2015, 10:55 PM)Andy2308 Wrote:  Hello all.

I’ve been lurking as a guest for the last couple of weeks, so now that I’m the proud owner of a 2012 XTR 115 I thought it was time to join properly.

Now this isn’t my first Berlingo encounter, far from it in fact… Over the years I’ve had 5 different Berlingo company vans, after knocking up 154,000 in a C15D I asked my boss at the time if he could find something more comfortable. He checked with the Citroen dealer and was told that a new van, based on a ZX was about to launch. We had one of the very first vans to try and a few short weeks later, I was the proud driver of a gleaming P reg 1.9D! After changing jobs I later had the pleasure of the mk2 version in both 2.0 & 1.6 HDI, again covering some serious mileage, and again without fault.

Finally, having bought a small caravan earlier this year and found an unhealthy fascination with model railways, I decided that it wasn’t fair for my big bro to cart the railway around in his W reg Synergie and, having gone to a Citroen dealer armed with a tape-measure, I found the perfect solution!!!

So far I’ve managed, via the search button, to figure out how to install and wire a towbar and 13 pin electrics, fit a double-din Pioneer stereo with sat nav, DAB and reversing camera (known locally as ball-cam) although mine didn’t have the necessary electrical connections at the back of the car, it was a fairly easy job to locate the wiring at the front and install the maxi fuse, again all done via searching this site.
So a big thank you for the info I’ve found so far.

Cheers,
Andy.