Berlingo Forum
Rear sliding door jammed - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Rear sliding door jammed (/thread-13058.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rear sliding door jammed - tayrich - 07-02-2016

I have a Citroen Berlingo, 57 plate. One of the rear sliding doors jammed. I removed the door casing and pulled the rod manually. The door then worked fine, I opened and closed it with the handle a dozen times. Job done I thought so I replaced the door casing. Came back later that day and it was jammed again. Repeated the whole exercise again, and the same thing happened!
Advise would be much appreciated.

RE: Rear sliding door jammed - Lighty - 07-02-2016

If you rear door doesn't open from the outside , and the handle is floppy, this is often the cause, the pin snaps, and this part is required to repair it .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/161792174529

RE: Rear sliding door jammed - tayrich - 07-02-2016

(07-02-2016, 06:04 PM)Lighty Wrote:  If you rear door doesn't open from the outside , and the handle is floppy, this is often the cause, the pin snaps, and this part is required to repair it .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/161792174529

Hi, no the handle is fine and all works perfectly when I release the inner rod, but after its left a while the whole thing jams up!

RE: Rear sliding door jammed - Trevor - 07-02-2016

Is it the side with your fuel filler cap? It's possible the safety catch is sticking.

RE: Rear sliding door jammed - sluggyson - 08-02-2016

(07-02-2016, 04:34 PM)tayrich Wrote:  I have a Citroen Berlingo, 57 plate. One of the rear sliding doors jammed. I removed the door casing and pulled the rod manually. The door then worked fine, I opened and closed it with the handle a dozen times. Job done I thought so I replaced the door casing. Came back later that day and it was jammed again. Repeated the whole exercise again, and the same thing happened!

i have the same problem on my 2005 berlingo. I thought it was the door handle pin problem but door did not open from inside either so i pulled off the door card and twiddled around with the rods and suddenly something clicked back into place and it worked ok for at least another week but alas its gone again. It is definitely not the common door pin problem though and i get the feeling something is sticking somewhere. will post on here if i find the solution..

RE: Rear sliding door jammed - Tomcat3 - 09-02-2016

As Trevor says in post 4 if its the offside door have a look at the lock mechanism to do with the fuel cap. You cannot open the door with the cap off.

RE: Rear sliding door jammed - Hilson56 - 18-12-2019

I have to same problem door wont open atal a fuel cap end, will have look ans let yous no

RE: Rear sliding door jammed - Civvic - 19-12-2019

(07-02-2016, 04:34 PM)tayrich Wrote:  I have a Citroen Berlingo, 57 plate. One of the rear sliding doors jammed. I removed the door casing and pulled the rod manually. The door then worked fine, I opened and closed it with the handle a dozen times. Job done I thought so I replaced the door casing. Came back later that day and it was jammed again. Repeated the whole exercise again, and the same thing happened!

WD40 is your friend. spray into the lock mechanism where it latches over and over till it becomes smooth again.

RE: Rear sliding door jammed - Trooper 64 - 07-09-2020

The problem is with a small plastic black box in the bottom rear of your sliding door which is the same side of the car as your petrol cap, it's a cheap flimsy thing that isn't secured very well, unfortunately it responsible for stopping passengers from opening your sliding door while your fill up your car. You have to remove this silly plastic box and remove all plastic burrs which have been causing your door to stick also clean all these parts with high pressure CRC electrical spray and thoroughly clean all plastic components and then use silicon spray to lubricate and protect the plastic and rubber parts in the door, door frame and petrol cap area, you will also need to with a sharp blade remove a chunk of plastic from the little black box so it doesn't stick in the future, please see attached picture files.

RE: Rear sliding door jammed - Trooper 64 - 07-09-2020

I wrote a full description of the problem here's another picture attached