Berlingo Forum
Radio Power Issue - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Radio Power Issue (/thread-1406.html)

Pages: 1 2

Radio Power Issue - bushpig - 04-10-2011

Hi

I have seen numerous radio problems within the forum but none that pertain to the problem i'm having.

My radio will not work. I have checked the fuses but this hasn't solved the issue. When you press the power button you can hear a brief noise that sounds like it's loading a CD but nothing else happens. There is no visual display on the dash to say it's powered on or anything.

Been struggling with this for a while now and would appreciate any help.

Many Thanks in advance

RE: Radio Power Issue - Coco - 04-10-2011

Is this the original fitment radio?

If so, I had this with mine when I bought it. It is caused by it having been removed and replaced (previous owner had an aftermartket radio). The original is "coded" to the vehicle, so you need the numeric code to enter (anti-theft device), the previous owner may have it or it might be written in the handbook etc. If you don't have the number then it needs to be reset by Pug/Cit. There are websites that claim to be able to supply the codes for you. Or perhaps someone on here has access to the information you need.........PK???

RE: Radio Power Issue - davek-uk - 04-10-2011

My 2001 & 2004 Multispaces have coded radios. The 2001 is coded and needs a 4 digit code to be input - it will power up in another vehicle. The 2004 is directly coded to the original vehicle - no security code input - and will not power up in another vehicle.

You don't say if the radio you have is the vehicle's original fit radio, a Citroen radio from another car or an aftermarket radio.

RE: Radio Power Issue - bushpig - 05-10-2011

Hi

Yes the stereo is the original. I did purchase the vehicle from someone else but can't see if they've had the stereo out.
There is no digital display on the dash so how would i input the code?
I do belive the code is in my handbook.

RE: Radio Power Issue - bushpig - 06-10-2011

Just to add some further info.........

The radio did work at some point but intermittently. There was an issue with the interior electrics at the same time as they were also intermittently coming on and off on their own.
Since the lights stopped coming on and off, so too did the radio.
The electric windows work fine.

RE: Radio Power Issue - BlueBlingo - 07-10-2011

(06-10-2011, 08:46 PM)bushpig Wrote:  Just to add some further info.........

The radio did work at some point but intermittently. There was an issue with the interior electrics at the same time as they were also intermittently coming on and off on their own.
Since the lights stopped coming on and off, so too did the radio.
The electric windows work fine.

Which interior lights were faulty ?
Can you upload a picture of your radio

I assume you have a 2.0 HDi
if so does it have ABS ,ESP and what gearbox is fitted ?
is it a Van or Multispace ?

RE: Radio Power Issue - bushpig - 09-10-2011

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi

I apologise as the car in question is my partners and i have given the wrong info.

Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDi
NV04 plate
No ABS or ESP

The problem with the interior lighting affected all lights whereby the lights in the boot would come on periodically, sometimes altogether or just individuallly, even while driving.

[Image: photo.php?fbid=2257366867272&set=a.15326...=3&theater]

Thats the pic of the radio.
Unsure as where to get the g/box number. Not printed in any of the log/handbooks.
VIN do?

RE: Radio Power Issue - quantockman - 09-10-2011

[quote='Coco' pid='10668' dateline='1317716209']

On a different note.....do you know how i can remove the radio cassette player. I am assuming it to be factory fitted. It too does not have a code and i want to put a CD radio in Thanks a lot
Stephen

RE: Radio Power Issue - BlueBlingo - 09-10-2011

[/quote]

Hi

I apologise as the car in question is my partners and i have given the wrong info.

Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDi
NV04 plate
No ABS or ESP

The problem with the interior lighting affected all lights whereby the lights in the boot would come on periodically, sometimes altogether or just individuallly, even while driving.

[Image: photo.php?fbid=2257366867272&set=a.15326...=3&theater]

Thats the pic of the radio.
Unsure as where to get the g/box number. Not printed in any of the log/handbooks.
VIN do?
[/quote]
can you upload picture again

RE: Radio Power Issue - bushpig - 10-10-2011

can you see it now?