Berlingo Forum
Diagnostic "gear" / Software - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Diagnostic "gear" / Software (/thread-14427.html)

Diagnostic "gear" / Software - ghost123uk - 13-10-2016

Hi all,

Getting closer to the time when I will actually be buying (hopefully an 06 Desire 2.0Hdi in green I've got my eye on Cool )

Now I've got plenty of experience with both electronics, motors and with computers (hardware and software) but coming from a previously exclusive "classic vehicle" background, I know very little about modern vehicle diagnostic testing. Being a "hands on" type of guy, and enjoy doing it, I would like to gen up on what is needed to plug into these vehicles to read fault codes and the like.

Could anyone give me a brief introduction as to what is needed to "diy" this subject? (Lexia et al)

RE: Diagnostic "gear" / Software - Dave1987 - 13-10-2016

Lexia 3 interface is the prior choice for PSA diagnosis/troubleshooting. Its a dealer level diagnostic kit and will allow you do do everything that the Peugeot or Citroen workshop can do, from airbag lights to reprogramming. Cable comes with Lexia for Citroen, PP2000 for Peugeot and Diagbox for new & old PSA cars.

RE: Diagnostic "gear" / Software - ghost123uk - 13-10-2016

Thanks Dave,

Now I hope you don't think I am being too lazy to Google this, but a couple of questions =

1) - Is that an interface that is plugged into a "normal" PC ?

2) - Is the software available to the public ? (and if so, is it expensive)

RE: Diagnostic "gear" / Software - 3rensho - 13-10-2016

I'm running DiagBox and the computer interface plugs into a USB socket. Software is readily available. I'd avoid the Chinese stuff though. I got mine at easydiagnostics.co.uk (I am not affiliated with them and they are a first class store, IMHO)

RE: Diagnostic "gear" / Software - 3rensho - 13-10-2016

Yeah, their website has been thru a number of reincarnations lately. I've had an account for a couple of years but it refused to log me in. I've got one of those Bluetooth dongles as well and use it with the Torque app on my Android phone. Works a treat.

Good information folks, thank you Smile

I will keep reading this thread !

Hey, keep it coming, I love learning stuff that is new to me, and this is (31 year old VW T25 Camper vans don't have such things )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe one can get a dash board mounted, fully user adjustable "on the fly" engine ECU mapping device Big Grin Cool

No. it's OK, I'm not really going that route................................. I don't think Angel

RE: Diagnostic "gear" / Software - cancunia - 30-10-2016

Doofer, thanks for posting your OBD findings.
I bought one from Fleabay UK, it was £4.50 although there were plenty of others that were cheaper and would probably work. There's some stories going around about the ELM version saying that the cheapo v2.1 versions don't always work so I bought a slightly more expensive v 1.5. Chances are they're all exactly the same!
Like you, I've been using the Torque app on my phone, it seems to do all the things I'd ever want from an OBD reader although some measurements don't appear to work on my '04 20.HDi. Early days yet as I've not actually driven my Berlingo anywhere due to needing to sell my old car first. Tuesday I'll be able to get some more data from my first trip out.

RE: Diagnostic "gear" / Software - ghost123uk - 30-10-2016

Well I will be getting one of those ^^^ for sure Smile

Mind you, I need to get my Berlingo Desire first Blush 

I will likely get the full Lexia / DiagBox kit as well.

RE: Diagnostic "gear" / Software - cancunia - 10-12-2016

Doofer, just wondered how it's going with your OBD connector and if you've used the trip computer functions? I've been looking at buying a 3 line centre display (MFD) to enable the on board trip computer, but it's looking like I won't get the display to work fully so am now re thinking about using my OBD device.