Berlingo Forum
False warning signal: coolant temp. - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: False warning signal: coolant temp. (/thread-1590.html)

False warning signal: coolant temp. - FORGERON - 03-11-2011

Hello everyone,
Mine is a 1.6 HDi diesel reg. July 2006. Berlingo Multispace.
The fault is that the 'coolant level/temp' warning light comes on. complete with bleep and flashing STOP warning. This happens at random times when I can find no fault. It happens only when the engine is warmed up, but there seems to be no pattern - ie OK for several days, then on and off every few minutes. I suspect the sensor is faulty but I do not have a manual for this model (Haynes not yet published?), so I can't identify the sensor. I live in France and my local Garagiste is inclined to be a bit too thorough, and replace bits until the problem goes away. Has anyone come across this problem. please?
I'm new to the forum, so I hope I have correctly navigated the icons, smilies,thread subscription, poll, attachment usage: (I think that's all). No doubt a Moderator will put me right if need be.

Many thanks in advance Dave

RE: False warning signal: coolant temp. - steve valentine - 03-11-2011

You have checked the coolant level, haven't you? Big Grin

RE: False warning signal: coolant temp. - ron - 03-11-2011

(03-11-2011, 03:56 PM)FORGERON Wrote:  Hello everyone,
Mine is a 1.6 HDi diesel reg. July 2006. Berlingo Multispace.
The fault is that the 'coolant level/temp' warning light comes on. complete with bleep and flashing STOP warning. This happens at random times when I can find no fault. It happens only when the engine is warmed up, but there seems to be no pattern - ie OK for several days, then on and off every few minutes. I suspect the sensor is faulty but I do not have a manual for this model (Haynes not yet published?), so I can't identify the sensor. I live in France and my local Garagiste is inclined to be a bit too thorough, and replace bits until the problem goes away. Has anyone come across this problem. please?
I'm new to the forum, so I hope I have correctly navigated the icons, smilies,thread subscription, poll, attachment usage: (I think that's all). No doubt a Moderator will put me right if need be.

Many thanks in advance Dave

Just got the appropriate manual for my '07 1.6 HDI.Book no 4281 from Amazon

RE: False warning signal: coolant temp. - j90xxx - 04-11-2011

Hi Ron.
How long has 4281 been available?

RE: False warning signal: coolant temp. - ron - 04-11-2011

Hi Martin,Ihad it on my Amazon wish list for a couple of months,& it's now been available for a week or so.Because of this,I have a '96-'05 going begging(no HDI) &4784xsara picasso(covers 1.6 HDI) .Free to anyone who can collect from Monmouth.Both virtually unused.

RE: False warning signal: coolant temp. - FORGERON - 05-11-2011

Thanks to Ron for his note about the Haynes Manual No 4281. I already have this book which covers the Berlingo from 1996 to 2005 - ie not late enough for me. I would expect a later book to have a differrent number; perhaps you can put me right. Thanks.
Dave

RE: False warning signal: coolant temp. - Ol'Jeffers - 06-11-2011

(05-11-2011, 07:51 PM)FORGERON Wrote:  Thanks to Ron for his note about the Haynes Manual No 4281. I already have this book which covers the Berlingo from 1996 to 2005 - ie not late enough for me. I would expect a later book to have a differrent number; perhaps you can put me right. Thanks.
Dave

The 'new' 4281 has been updated to include the 1.6HDi:

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=34201&langId=-1

:thumbsup:

RE: False warning signal: coolant temp. - ron - 06-11-2011

Confusedillyme:Thanks OJ,I was a bit vague on that,the new 4281 covers '96-2010 ( P to '60 reg) but not1.8(1761cc) petrol engines.