Berlingo Forum
Roof Bars - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Roof Bars (/thread-2218.html)

Roof Bars - Beatrice - 30-01-2012

I need to buy a set of roof bars for my Berlingo - it only has the little metal feet attached to the roof, has anyone any recommendations? I have been looking at Rhino bars but thought it would be good to get others experience before making a purchase? TIA

RE: Roof Bars - Romahomepete - 30-01-2012

The Citroen ones clip into these tags on the roof, I am sure that there are also some aftermarket ones. there are shedloads on Ebay to give you an idea what to look for.

Peter

RE: Roof Bars - Beatrice - 31-01-2012

Thanks Peter - will have a look on ebay - went into Halfords and they were about as clueless as me lol!

RE: Roof Bars - andy-womble - 31-01-2012

The "tags", as you describe them, are the approved manufacturer's mounting points for roof rack/roof bars. The genuine Cit/Pug bars do seem expensive and there are loads of non-genuine ones around.

Like your comment about Halfords, a little unfair though I thought!!!!...

Don't put yourself down in this manner, just a little bit of research and you could be leagues apart from the so called professional vendors of automotive aftersales and other equipment a.k.a. "Halfrauds"

RE: Roof Bars - tucker - 31-01-2012

Ebay seem to have two sorts for the berlingo, those that clip onto the rails that come with the modutop or those wich slot into the mounting points.

The ones that clip to the bars seem fairly pointless to me as the bar switch around to give you the same effect, so not sure why you would bother with that method.

The ones to the mounting poits will obviously be far stronger and likely to be able to take more weight than the modutop bars.

RE: Roof Bars - Chris - 02-02-2012

Using the lugs/tags is a much better bet than using the fitted rails.
[Image: IMG_07301-1.jpg]

I have got this Thule set up which works very well. The bars are much better spaced and thus safer with larger loads. Thule are not the cheapest, but as I already had the bars, I only had to buy the feet (£35 from eBay) and a fitting kit (£30)

Most searches for a Multispace set-up, push you towards feet that attach to the factory rails, so you need to look for the van variants to get ones that attach to the body.

RE: Roof Bars - spiritdemon - 02-02-2012

Beware carrying heavy loads on the modutop bars. Took a top box mounted on ours a few years ago around France and at our hotel in Boulogne forgot entirely when entering the underground complimentary parking.

Permanently customised the top box into a great replica of a giant squashed black toad and squished all the contents around but no harm done.

Back home, showed it to my local Citroen man who said we were very lucky as too much stress on the modutop itself frequently popped it through into the car interior!

Now that would have been a different start to our holls wouldn't it?