Berlingo Forum
Hi all. Great forum, so I joined - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Introductions, Feedback & Site Rules, & General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Hi all. Great forum, so I joined (/thread-2744.html)

Hi all. Great forum, so I joined - Hicky - 21-04-2012

Hi all. Just thought I would say hello and introduce myself.
I've been a Berlingo owner since 2001 and have just bought my second one.
My first is a 2000 1900 in which I clocked up 330,000 miles and I've just bought a 2005 1900 which has done 110,000 miles (just run in!).
I have to do a Skegness - Glasgow - Hull - Skegness 730 mile round trip every Thursday night which accounts for the high mileage on my Mk1 and in all honestly she has only once let me down. I have her serviced (fairly) regularly and change parts as they wear out. Timing belt kit fitted every 70,000.
She has had 4 sets of discs and pads, 1 set of brake shoes, 5 exhausts, 2 sets of glow plugs, I glow plug relay, 2 front springs (broke 2 weeks apart because I never bothered about the recall), 3 batteries and just recently, the drivers side driveshaft. Her headgasket started leaking 16 months ago and was letting oil into the coolant, but she was still running ok, so I put a tube of 'K Seal' in (the stuff american forces use in their vehicles) and she ran perfectly until 4 weeks ago when the headgasket gave up big time and covered the engine compartment with oil. Her one and only trip on the back of a breakdown truck!
To top it all, she still has her original clutch and considering the mileage and that I frequently have 3/4 of a ton of potatoes in the back (I've got a farm shop) thats not bad going.
I've now done 3 Glasgow trips in the Mk2 and she drives beautifully, averaging 43mpg on a round trip. It would be nice to beat my previous mileage and with the help of this great forum that might just be possible.

Regards
John

RE: Hi all. Great forum, so I joined - Coco - 21-04-2012

Hello John and welcome.

You certainly got your moneys worth out of your old one and hope the new one serves you even better

RE: Hi all. Great forum, so I joined - Northman - 21-04-2012

Welcome to the forum!

Are those vans or multispaces that you have been driving?

I must confess that I'm amazed that you've only needed two front coil springs in 330,000 miles, when you've needed 5 exhausts and 3 batteries!

RE: Hi all. Great forum, so I joined - Hicky - 21-04-2012

(21-04-2012, 08:56 PM)Northman Wrote:  Welcome to the forum!

Are those vans or multispaces that you have been driving?

I must confess that I'm amazed that you've only needed two front coil springs in 330,000 miles, when you've needed 5 exhausts and 3 batteries!

Hi Northman
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I only needed one pair of springs and all 4 shockers are original too.
Forgot to mention the 'anti rollbar links', I've had 6 pairs of them fitted. Cheap to buy and easy to fit though.
Both are vans by the way.
Cheers
John

RE: Hi all. Great forum, so I joined - nil by mouth - 21-04-2012

Hi there John , welcome :wave:
What a superb intro :thumbsup: That high miler sounds a bit like Triggers broom from only fools n horses :whistle: