Berlingo Forum
Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) (/thread-3145.html)

Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - BerlingoHDI - 30-06-2012

Hi all,

I am wanting to replace the front brake pads and after looking on various parts sites there seem to be different braking systems.

The options that have come up are Bosch, Lucas and Girling, does anybody know what the braking system is on my

2004 04 Plate Berlingo Multispace 2.0 Hdi

Thanks in Advance
Matt.

RE: Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - ron - 30-06-2012

(30-06-2012, 07:53 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  Hi all,

I am wanting to replace the front brake pads and after looking on various parts sites there seem to be different braking systems.

The options that have come up are Bosch, Lucas and Girling, does anybody know what the braking system is on my

Thanks in Advance
Matt.

I can't tell you which system you have,but if you go to a good parts supplier you will only need the reg no to obtain the correct parts.
Good luck.

RE: Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - BerlingoHDI - 30-06-2012

(30-06-2012, 08:21 PM)ron Wrote:  
(30-06-2012, 07:53 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  Hi all,

Thanks in Advance
Matt.

I can't tell you which system you have,but if you go to a good parts supplier you will only need the reg no to obtain the correct parts.
Good luck.

I have tried Euro car parts and GSF as they are near to me and put reg in and it comes up with several options, i was wanting to order some online so they are delivered and can be fitted straight away.

i will probably end up going to local spares shop as they seem to know everything but just wanted to save time running about

RE: Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - corkgsxr - 30-06-2012

I used ebc on mine, no problem getting them

RE: Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - BerlingoHDI - 01-07-2012

(30-06-2012, 09:37 PM)corkgsxr Wrote:  I used ebc on mine, no problem getting them

I been looking at ebc ultimax and green stuff, there is quite a price difference between the two but the ultimax sound quite good, do you recommend then also is your lingo same as mine and where you get pads from

RE: Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - j90xxx - 01-07-2012

Changed mine last month. Can you guess why...?
[Image: 2h7qq8y.jpg]
Worked better afterwards...
[Image: 2gxhb8x.jpg]
Used Mintex discs and pads from my local motor factors, £65 for the lot.
Will try and find the invoice with the part numbers.

RE: Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - 800HDI - 01-07-2012

If you take off the wheel then the caliper sometimes has the brand name in the casting. Mine have and they are Bosch.

Brakes on mine were like that when i first got it, couldn't believe the previous owner could put up with it.

65 quid is a good price for everything too

Fitted Pagid dicks and pads to mine, Euro Car Parts had a promo on at the time

RE: Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - andy-womble - 01-07-2012

Look as though they might be beyond economic repair to me Martin, totally FUBAR'd if your asking...:whistle::whistle::whistle:

RE: Front Brake Pads (which ones do i need) - BerlingoHDI - 01-07-2012

(01-07-2012, 10:12 AM)j90xxx Wrote:  Changed mine last month. Can you guess why...?
[Image: 2h7qq8y.jpg]
Worked better afterwards...
[Image: 2gxhb8x.jpg]
Used Mintex discs and pads from my local motor factors, £65 for the lot.
Will try and find the invoice with the part numbers.

Yeah I think they needed changing, my discs look absolutely fine and have plenty of life left so only changing pads

(01-07-2012, 12:49 PM)800HDI Wrote:  If you take off the wheel then the caliper sometimes has the brand name in the casting. Mine have and they are Bosch.

Brakes on mine were like that when i first got it, couldn't believe the previous owner could put up with it.

65 quid is a good price for everything too

Fitted Pagid dicks and pads to mine, Euro Car Parts had a promo on at the time

Thanks for that will have a look later