Berlingo Forum
[Brakes] front pads - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: [Brakes] front pads (/thread-3201.html)

Pages: 1 2

front pads - mrgreencar - 09-07-2012

just a quick question - 77000miles on front discs, theyre not grooved at all just nice n smooth - the pads need renewing so should I replace just the pads or pads and discs? thanks...

RE: front pads - brodfather11 - 09-07-2012

(09-07-2012, 11:50 AM)mrgreencar Wrote:  just a quick question - 77000miles on front discs, theyre not grooved at all just nice n smooth - the pads need renewing so should I replace just the pads or pads and discs? thanks...

at 77000 i think you should, the discs wear just like the pads , there will be a lip round the edge of the disc to indicate the level of wear on them Its not much more work once you have the pads out to change them, check the flexible brake pipes also.

:thumbsup:

RE: front pads - j90xxx - 09-07-2012

See a previous post.
My discs were in a terrible condition after only 60,000 miles.
At your mileage would be a good idea to change both.
I paid £65 for Mintex pads and discs, so not a fortune.

RE: front pads - evdama - 09-07-2012

We had a C3-(the older,nicer rounded shaped one) and the pads were gone at 25k- worst ever- in fact the only car we have ever had to renew brakes on .

RE: front pads - Bryce - 09-07-2012

Probably wise to do both together - changed mine @ 95K and they seriously needed it. Easy enough job - even for a novice like me.

RE: front pads - crickleymal - 10-07-2012

(09-07-2012, 10:06 PM)Bryce Wrote:  Probably wise to do both together - changed mine @ 95K and they seriously needed it. Easy enough job - even for a novice like me.

Mine's done 120k and I'm changing the discs this coming service. They've worn a lip which has to be a couple of mm deep each side.

I've just looked on the Eurocarparts site for discs for my car (Berlingo Multispace 1.9). It gives me a choice of 8 different discs by two different manufacturer's (Pagid and Eicher). Some are vented and some are not. The vented ones (that's what's fitted now so I'll go with that) have differen thicknesses and different heights. Which one to go for? What is the height of the disc, it's not the diameter obviously and does it matter?

RE: front pads - j90xxx - 10-07-2012

Found the photos of mine.
Less than 60,000 miles. Shameful, really.
Could I have got another couple of thousand out of them?
[Image: 2d7c9he.jpg]
[Image: x0sgex.jpg]

(09-07-2012, 11:50 AM)mrgreencar Wrote:  just a quick question - 77000miles on front discs, theyre not grooved at all just nice n smooth - the pads need renewing so should I replace just the pads or pads and discs? thanks...

Found my invoice now.
Discs (vented) TMD-MDC1491 £19 each
Pads TMD-MDB2628 £27 both sides (obviously!)
Both parts Mintex.
Yours is the same as mine (you just got more windows).
Hope that helps.

RE: front pads - Bryce - 10-07-2012

Crickey, mine were almost new in comparison!

I went for the Pagid discs and pads from Eurocarparts - very happy with them - about £77 all in.

[Image: 2059kxf.jpg]

[Image: 23vxfd2.jpg]

RE: front pads - evdama - 10-07-2012

The hookers have gone again -we've got brake parts on the banners now.

RE: front pads - crickleymal - 10-07-2012

You mean those lovely ladies weren't genuine women looking for husbands?Confusedcratch: