Berlingo Forum
having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Tuning and Styling (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo (/thread-3774.html)

Pages: 1 2

having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - doc_lingo - 06-10-2012

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some advice regarding the remote turn off cable.. In short... i dont have one! lol well it seems to be present.. but.. well who knows? :brickwall:
Does anyone know how to fit a new cable (hard wire it) or fix my problem as its really doing my head in!
Iv tried google but it only seems to bring up info about remote wires for amps :/

Any info at all would be appreciated

Cheers

Davie

RE: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - Tomcat3 - 06-10-2012

Have a search on the forum there is loads about how to wire different radios in.

RE: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - hachiroku - 07-10-2012

You don't say what problems you're having with the stereo? or what model year your Berlingo is, but I assume it's to do with the Eco-mode in the vehicle and it turning off the stereo?

what exactly do you mean by "Remote turn off cable"?, usually the "Remote" cable for stereos (or at least the ones I've fitted) is as you say to remotely turn on amplifiers etc.
Are you referring to the Red (+12v) and Yellow(switch) wires in the radio wiring loom? As far as I know you need to swap these around ie red to yellow/yellow to red.
There's some info if you search on this forum, but if you're using the right adapter for the wiring between car and stereo then there's really very little that needs doing.

Is this of any help?

[Image: auwmqc.jpg]

RE: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - doc_lingo - 07-10-2012

sorry i drive a 53 plate 2.0 hdi van, and yes i mean that my stereo stays on when i turn the ignition off.. will swapping the red and yellow wires fix this?

thanks for the info! very much appreciated!

Davie

----------------------------------------------
how do i upload a picture to this post to show my wiring? i just ran out to the van to try the red to yellow, yellow to red thing but my
wiring looks nothing like the picture above.

RE: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - Dezjay - 07-10-2012

did you try locking the doors and waiting a min. or 2 ? should turn off then..

RE: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - doc_lingo - 07-10-2012

this is the wiring at the back of my stereo

[attachment=734]

(07-10-2012, 04:47 PM)Dezjay Wrote:  did you try locking the doors and waiting a min. or 2 ? should turn off then..

yes i tried this and after a while it does turn off and then a short time after that it goes into ecomode.
what im after is for the stereo to turn off with the ignition like factory fit and other aftermarket units iv seen.

thanks for the input tho

RE: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - Coco - 08-10-2012

Swap the yellow and red, that should sort you out

RE: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - andy-womble - 08-10-2012

(08-10-2012, 07:50 AM)Coco Wrote:  Swap the yellow and red, that should sort you out

Like the new avator Coco !!!!:wave::wave::wave::wave:

RE: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - Coco - 08-10-2012

Appropriate - I thought anyway

RE: having a nightmare time with aftermarket stereo - Dezjay - 08-10-2012

hmm strange i swapped the red and yellow (it didnt remeber the settings)

and i now have that is goes on with opening the doors.. en shutsdown after one min.. .

seems like the french did not really used one way to connect it..