Berlingo Forum
Phone Mount position. - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Tuning and Styling (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Phone Mount position. (/thread-4071.html)

Pages: 1 2

Phone Mount position. - Paddy17 - 13-11-2012

Hi All,
Anyone fitted a mount for a phone in a MK3? Trying to figure out best place for it. (Galaxy S3) I prefer it on the right on the steering as I'm right handed. I had my MK2 sorted to perfection but not the same places available on the MK3... big SatNav stuck in the way too!!

Any photos anyone would be appreciated.

Cheers
P

RE: Phone Mount position. - Taxi_G - 13-11-2012

Personally if budget ain't an option, I'd buy a brodit proclip & S3 mount from DSL Developments, ( http://www.dsldevelopments.com )

Brilliant piece of kit, dosent rattle about like the cheap £1 ones you can buy.

Mount for mk3 berlingo

[Image: 8E77A5F2-9333-41F5-82B8-8622E6E1F766-240...673786.jpg]

[Image: 302C83FC-7819-4A08-80EA-6DC82C0A65AA-240...5C8167.jpg]

Your prob looking at £40 total for both

G

RE: Phone Mount position. - Paddy17 - 13-11-2012

Thanks Taxi. I have looked at the brodit clip but I thought it was to far away from the driving position. I have the brodit mount but made my own custom bracket for the MK2, just not sure where to mount it this time. I was thinking of the lid/pocket above the steering wheel, I think a clip/bracket could be fitted in there and still allow the lid to close.

RE: Phone Mount position. - Chris__M - 14-11-2012

I have a plastic disk, stuck to my dashboard to the right of my steering wheel.

[Image: 2012-11-14-17.41.13-e1352915802447.jpg]

To this, I mount my GPS using a standard suction mount. Because it is sitting on the mount, and not hanging from it, I have never had it come unstuck.

This places it in a similar position to the Brodit mount shown, but further forward. I can reach the GPS from my driving position without leaning. The disk and GPS mount are both clear of the driver's glove compartment. The GPS, when fitted, overhangs the glove compartment, but that reminds me to remove it when I leave the car!

These disks are cheap, and are sometimes even supplied with the GPS - at least one person I have mentioned it to had one and didn't know what it was!

RE: Phone Mount position. - Bertie1 - 15-11-2012

Thought you might be interested in the location of my phone and ipod. I used a vitamin suplement container cut in half which I then sprayed matt black. I glued a block of wood to the inside so that I could mount the phone cradle securely then glued the containers into the dashboard orifices with contact adhesive. They have been in place for over 18 months so will not fall out but can be removed if required.
Too much time spent watching Blue Peter as a child!

RE: Phone Mount position. - Paddy17 - 16-11-2012

Bertie.... Class!!! Love the idea but unfortunately I still prefer having the phone on my right. Gonna make some kind of bracket over the weekend hopefully.

Chris, I might just try your method out, I'll have to do away with the satnav but the phone will replace it anyway.

Cheers guys

FP

RE: Phone Mount position. - taxi - 16-11-2012

Get the WONDER HOLDER from ebay ( I use it on top of steering wheel shroud but can go anywhere, but not suitable for iPhones due to magnet ),my mates use it on vertical surfaces ie front of dash and A pillar trim with no problem, or check out frafafa's thread "Best solution to place phone holder "

RE: Phone Mount position. - philip - 16-11-2012

(14-11-2012, 05:55 PM)Chris__M Wrote:  I have a plastic disk, stuck to my dashboard to the right of my steering wheel.

To this, I mount my GPS using a standard suction mount. Because it is sitting on the mount, and not hanging from it, I have never had it come unstuck.

This places it in a similar position to the Brodit mount shown, but further forward. I can reach the GPS from my driving position without leaning. The disk and GPS mount are both clear of the driver's glove compartment. The GPS, when fitted, overhangs the glove compartment, but that reminds me to remove it when I leave the car!

These disks are cheap, and are sometimes even supplied with the GPS - at least one person I have mentioned it to had one and didn't know what it was!
Got my GPS there too:thumbsup:

RE: Phone Mount position. - taxi - 16-11-2012

(16-11-2012, 01:22 PM)philip Wrote:  
(14-11-2012, 05:55 PM)Chris__M Wrote:  I have a plastic disk, stuck to my dashboard to the right of my steering wheel.

I use the same method now, but on other side with cables tucked in compartment.

RE: Phone Mount position. - Chris__M - 28-11-2012

(16-11-2012, 01:31 PM)taxi Wrote:  
(16-11-2012, 01:22 PM)philip Wrote:  

I use the same method now, but on other side with cables tucked in compartment.
I've got my cable running out of sight, on the underside of the driver's leg-space, secured by adhesive cable-clips, then up inside the door seal to dashboard level. There is one cable-clip that is visible, but it is low down, and black, so not obvious, unless you look for it.

What I like about this position, is that glancing at my GPS is no different than glancing at my driver's side mirror. In fact, I usually do both in the same eye/head movement. It just feels natural.

(15-11-2012, 05:16 PM)Bertie1 Wrote:  Thought you might be interested in the location of my phone and ipod. I used a vitamin suplement container cut in half which I then sprayed matt black. I glued a block of wood to the inside so that I could mount the phone cradle securely then glued the containers into the dashboard orifices with contact adhesive. They have been in place for over 18 months so will not fall out but can be removed if required.
Too much time spent watching Blue Peter as a child!

I love it! I did look at the dashboard holes, but I only have one of those, on the passenger's side, as I have the semi-automatic - they put the control for that in the driver's side hole.