Berlingo Forum
Rear interior light - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Rear interior light (/thread-4442.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rear interior light - LUCIALIA - 29-12-2012

The rear interior light on my van isn't very bright to say the least, & at this time of the year it is practically impossible to see anything in the back. So I want to add some more lights. I've managed to splice one of the two wires from the new lights into the live of the existing light but am not sure which wire to splice the second on to?

RE: Rear interior light - pidgeonpost - 29-12-2012

Just wondering - do you mean the two lights that illuminate the load area? These are really bright on ours so if we're talking the same lights maybe there's a fault? Or maybe you're talking of a different light. I'd go and look at ours but it's checking it down (just for a change...)

RE: Rear interior light - LUCIALIA - 29-12-2012

(29-12-2012, 05:48 PM)pidgeonpost Wrote:  Just wondering - do you mean the two lights that illuminate the load area? These are really bright on ours so if we're talking the same lights maybe there's a fault? Or maybe you're talking of a different light. I'd go and look at ours but it's checking it down (just for a change...)

No thats the one & in my 2003 1.9d van there is only one light,so nowhere near enough light in the back

RE: Rear interior light - BerlingoHDI - 29-12-2012

I changed mine to led bulbs , there is something daft like 30 smd leds on one bulb and they really light up the back but as you say the van only has one and there is two in the multispace, have you got a multimeter to check the wiring. I think one is an earth, one is a constant live and the other is a live connected to door switch but dont know which way round sorry.

RE: Rear interior light - LUCIALIA - 29-12-2012

the interior light has 4 wires going into it,one is a live (the one ive taken the live for my new light) but ive no idea what to do with the second wire from my new light. Direct to earth perhaps?

RE: Rear interior light - BerlingoHDI - 29-12-2012

yeah direct to earth should be fine but what kind of light are you fitting, will the current wiring be sufficient enough to withstand an extra load on it?

RE: Rear interior light - LUCIALIA - 30-12-2012

(29-12-2012, 07:51 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  yeah direct to earth should be fine but what kind of light are you fitting, will the current wiring be sufficient enough to withstand an extra load on it?

Not sure,how will I know if it isnt?
To check new light 2 wire fitting, one to live one to earth?

RE: Rear interior light - evdama - 30-12-2012

(30-12-2012, 12:24 PM)LUCIALIA Wrote:  
(29-12-2012, 07:51 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  yeah direct to earth should be fine but what kind of light are you fitting, will the current wiring be sufficient enough to withstand an extra load on it?

Not sure,how will I know if it isnt?
To check new light 2 wire fitting, one to live one to earth?

LED bulb will use a tiny fraction of the power a tungsten one would so you could fit several without worry.But get the highest number of smd possible as the light given off is disappointing dingey

One of the 2 wires to chassis ground and the feed could be taken from the feed that supplies the existing bulb -can you get at the other side of the lamp fitting and follow the wire path to see which one?

RE: Rear interior light - LUCIALIA - 30-12-2012

the lights i am fitting are led & i was hoping to fit more once i had the first set working,i have taken the live from the existing light so i guess its just a case of finding a decent earth now.

RE: Rear interior light - evdama - 30-12-2012

(30-12-2012, 02:51 PM)LUCIALIA Wrote:  the lights i am fitting are led & i was hoping to fit more once i had the first set working,i have taken the live from the existing light so i guess its just a case of finding a decent earth now.

Not sure how much tearing apart you want to do but theres an earthing nut/stud behind the nearside light cluster:thumbsup: