Berlingo Forum
Installing a camera system - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Installing a camera system (/thread-5740.html)

Installing a camera system - trafficangel - 16-04-2013

Hi all,

hope someone can help and apologies if there is already a thread for this that i have missed!

I am installing a camera system to our work van which consists of 4 cameras (front, back, n/s and o/s) all hooked into a DVR and a screen. My company supplies this equipment so I know exactly how it works and how to put it together, however I am used to working on big trucks not little vans!

So I am hoping that there is some info available for the mk3 (ours is a 2013 diesel), more specifically wiring diagrams, panel removal guides, how to get into the cabin from the engine bay, fuses etc. Any help you can provide will be hugely appreciated!

Got to get this fitted before the boss gets back from China next week!

RE: Installing a camera system - evdama - 16-04-2013

(16-04-2013, 08:56 AM)trafficangel Wrote:  Hi all,

hope someone can help and apologies if there is already a thread for this that i have missed!

I am installing a camera system to our work van which consists of 4 cameras (front, back, n/s and o/s) all hooked into a DVR and a screen. My company supplies this equipment so I know exactly how it works and how to put it together, however I am used to working on big trucks not little vans!

So I am hoping that there is some info available for the mk3 (ours is a 2013 diesel), more specifically wiring diagrams, panel removal guides, how to get into the cabin from the engine bay, fuses etc. Any help you can provide will be hugely appreciated!

Got to get this fitted before the boss gets back from China next week!

[Image: 25p1q4k.jpg]

The easiest fused live feed is in the glovebox.
Access to the engine bay is a bitch if you dont want to start drilling through the double skinned bulkhead.
The rear plastic panels just hoik! off but have some spare xmas-tree fasteners ready -youlll probably break a few.
The main part of the loom in the back runs down the nearside.
Is this another Cannock Chase special?:whistle:

RE: Installing a camera system - Argos69 - 17-04-2013

Sounds like quite a bit of kit you're fitting. I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas from others on the forum. Doesn't appear to be the easiest van in the world to work on.

I fitted a reversing camera and monitor (which looks like a rear view mirror) to my 2012 van. I was able to pick up an ignition controlled feed in the overhead courtesy light area (near where the useless roof aerial comes through). I then glued the "rear view mirror" monitor mounting plate to the top of the windscreen glass & decided to run the combined coaxial/feed wire overhead to the rear of the van along the top corner above the sliding door.

This saved me the pain of prising off the dreaded lower side plastic trim and subsequent clip-shrapnel injuries!

I chickened out of going through the bulkhead for a front camera tho!

Not the easiest van I've ever worked on......Good Luck!

RE: Installing a camera system - evdama - 17-04-2013

(17-04-2013, 09:16 AM)Argos69 Wrote:  Sounds like quite a bit of kit you're fitting. I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas from others on the forum. Doesn't appear to be the easiest van in the world to work on.

I fitted a reversing camera and monitor (which looks like a rear view mirror) to my 2012 van. I was able to pick up an ignition controlled feed in the overhead courtesy light area (near where the useless roof aerial comes through). I then glued the "rear view mirror" monitor mounting plate to the top of the windscreen glass & decided to run the combined coaxial/feed wire overhead to the rear of the van along the top corner above the sliding door.

This saved me the pain of prising off the dreaded lower side plastic trim and subsequent clip-shrapnel injuries!

I chickened out of going through the bulkhead for a front camera tho!

Not the easiest van I've ever worked on......Good Luck!

Easy from the front door pillar backwards though!
Argos -what colour was the wire you tapped at the courtesey lamp-I want that one for when I finally get a dashcam.
The middle bulb is permanent live but the Right and Left bulbs are on a switched live

RE: Installing a camera system - MudFT - 17-04-2013

4!
Where are you putting the 4, inside or out?
If inside, the easiest power source would be Interior light.
If I remember correctly, 3 live and 1 negative. Only 1 of the lives is non fade.

RE: Installing a camera system - Argos69 - 18-04-2013

(17-04-2013, 09:45 AM)evdama Wrote:  Easy from the front door pillar backwards though!
Argos -what colour was the wire you tapped at the courtesey lamp-I want that one for when I finally get a dashcam.
The middle bulb is permanent live but the Right and Left bulbs are on a switched live
Hi, it was the wire feeding the left map reading lamp, only live with ignition on - can't spot the colour due to over-enthusiastic use of insulation tape around the spliced connector, I'm afraid, but you're already on the right track.
Yes, easy run through the back too! Self-adhesive cable-tie saddles where necessary, then down the existing wiring into the rear door to the number plate (mine was a number plate surround cam).

'bout the only job I've done on the van without cutting myself!

RE: Installing a camera system - trafficangel - 26-04-2013

Thanks evdama and Argos that's given me a place to start, been too busy to make a proper start, got rear camera on and cable run through to glove box, still pondering whether to attempt a route through from engine bay to cabin but all evidence suggests it's a bit of a pain so may put side cameras on wing mirrors as this looks much easier to route cables through into interior. Is there a Haynes manual out for this van yet?

RE: Installing a camera system - ron - 26-04-2013

(26-04-2013, 08:45 PM)trafficangel Wrote:  Thanks evdama and Argos that's given me a place to start, been too busy to make a proper start, got rear camera on and cable run through to glove box, still pondering whether to attempt a route through from engine bay to cabin but all evidence suggests it's a bit of a pain so may put side cameras on wing mirrors as this looks much easier to route cables through into interior. Is there a Haynes manual out for this van yet?

No manual out yet & don't hold your breath,Haynes are very slow.